Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats really my goal is to beat a c-5 6speed vette. Lets say the vette has a 3.55 gear too. Any of you guys N/A guys raced and beaten on. I just wanna get an idea of your mods. I've drove one and rode in one. It seems I'm a long way from the vettes performance.

thanks josh
03 gt 5speed

·
Registered
68 Posts
i did beat 2 i raced from 0-100mph...........after that they were going by with some authority. they were just your average stop light runs.......so they were probably just average drivers.

then i raced another street racer thru a parking lot & he got me by 1 car length from 0-95mph

i ran 13.6-13.7's on goodyears & then got 275/40 nittos but never ran @ track w/them.
i probably ran 13.4's with them.

i had pullies, densecharger w/rotated MAF, NGK iridium plugs, nittos, steeda tri-ax & no spare. the car would detonate on anything below 93octane.....so i think it just ran super lean to get the extra power.........i always powershift also.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i ran a couple its just like when i run the camaro's i will have them by atleast a car upto 4900rpms in fourth and they all of a sudden start up and running away. and i have 3:73's

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Juiced46 said:
Well i dont have a 99 but i have 99 heads. N/A i raced my friends vette a few times one night. From 30-100 DEAD EVEN everytime. By 150 my front bumper was at his back bumper. It was a 00 c-5 6 speed

you are one of about 4 i can think of on this board who have a shot.

And with all the mods and headwork, reality is that you're putting out very stout STOCK LS1 numbers. :eek:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i raced a 2000 c5 and stayed with him up to 120. my front bumper stayed about level with his drivers side door up to 120 and he started inching away. this was from a roll of about 20mph. from a stop i think i could get the jump and hold it thru the 1320' on that car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have raced a few at the track, beaten some, lost to some. With a good hole shot you have a chance, but they really come on strong at the end of the 1/4 mile. They are faster than a stock mustang with out a doubt, but there is a lot more to racing than who has the fastest car. I have beaten cars a lot faster than mine with a good launch. I beat a guy with a viper one night. The guy was just some rich yahoo that was out for some fun with no idea how to drive, but none the less I was the first one across the line :D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've run a few and beaten them at the track but they were bad drivers. With a good driver I'll usually beat them on the track but on the street forget it. I can keep up with Z06's at the track as well till about 1200' and have beaten a couple.

Bill

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I have raced a few. Beat one from a stop light.

He fried his tires then proceeded to miss Second Gear :). I lost to one on the highway just playing around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I beat one with my ol' GT from a light. I would't play with one from a roll though. Well maybe an auto, but no 6 spds. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think all you all are smoking crack. We are talking about a 350 HP 00-and up vette! I raced a Z06 with my car and all the mods except gears and pulleys and got my a$$ handed to me. Sure I beat him off the line because he was spinning like a farris wheel, I still had him into second but as soon as he hooked he blew by me like i was standing still. I seriously doubt any NA stang witout N20 is going to beat a C5 anytime.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
EATSTREET said:
I think all you all are smoking crack. We are talking about a 350 HP 00-and up vette! I raced a Z06 with my car and all the mods except gears and pulleys and got my a$$ handed to me. Sure I beat him off the line because he was spinning like a farris wheel, I still had him into second but as soon as he hooked he blew by me like i was standing still. I seriously doubt any NA stang witout N20 is going to beat a C5 anytime.
Smoking crack?? hardly. First of all a C5 and a Z06 is a 50-60 Hp difference. 2nd of all your car has 229 rwhp HELLO no wonder way he spanked you like your momma did when you were a little boy :rolleyes: Umm lets see my car makes 312rwhp and i was at the cars bumper up to 150 mph. And this was on more than one occassion. We went at it 4 times that night. You are making 80 rwhp less than me, 80hp is ALOT.

·
Registered
474 Posts
EATSTREET said:
Really...I seem to beat them all the time...HMM Im N/A too!!!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
i got my ass handed to me, and i mean handed to me by a vette with a catback, some headers and an a cai.

i mean he ran away like crazy.

this was with the new motor but was na.

a gt is gonna have a hard ass time staying with one or beating one

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
EATSTREET said:
lets see. I beat the driver not the car. engine is just one part of racing. If you cant drive your car, you cant win.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nicks2001GT said:
lets see. I beat the driver not the car. engine is just one part of racing. If you cant drive your car, you cant win.
ditto..

Example:

mustang: 0.5 r/t with a 13.7 @ 100 mph

vette: 0.8 r/t with a 13.4 @ 108 mph

0.8 - 0.5 = 0.3 seconds
13.4 + 0.3 = 13.7 seconds
=> that makes it a tie at the end of the track.

This is just a very simple example, but none the less it shows my point. A 13.4 @ 107 mph, maybe a little better, is about what a stock C5 vette runs with an average driver. The vette is still the fastest car, but again that does not always win races. If you are doing this out on a highway some where, then all bets are off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts