Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
they're not doing it because it's a PITA unless your SN95 is a 94-95. since your car isn't setup for the windsor motor, you'd probably have to swap everything from a 94-95 into your car (computer, wiring harness, sensors, accessory brackets, headers...btw, ford is no longer making the 95 cobra R headers, what will you do?, motor mounts probably, k-member probably (not sure)). i don't know how your smog laws are, but in california, that swap would be illegal as well. you couldn't get it smogged because ford never offered a 351 in a mustang for your year.

i'd seriously reconsider it. even in my 95, it was a big undertaking, and i was able to reuse my computer, harness, sensors, brackets, etc. if you want to go fast and save money, just get a blower.

my $.02

drew

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah if you go carb instead of EFI, then that saves on the headaches a bit. The 351W will fit a 94-95 stock K member. See if you can find a set of the convertible motor mounts from a 94-95, they're supposed to be better. I don't know of anyone making a custom longtube 351W swap for the SN95, not to mention an AODE-equipped SN95. If you find out that somebody does, please share the information. Hooker may still be making the 351W shorty, you might want to check with them. The fact that your state doesn't do smog checks makes it a lot easier. I have a Baumannator also, but it's not installed yet. I got it mainly for the Manutronic (manual electronic shifting) capability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.