Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't have a 5.0, but i have a 1993 2.3L, it's my first car and insurance isn't too bad(only reason I didn't get a 5.0). Anyways, I was jus wondering if you's could give me some cheap ideas on speeding it up, it's a LITTLE sluggish...haha trust me. Anyways thanks for your time and if you are in eastern PA and have a 5.0 for sale let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know if there is much of an aftermarket for the 4 banger. I would say get gears, pulleys if they make them, and some sort of improved breathing. Also look into Mufflers and possibly headers. Honestly, I would only buy things that will transfer to the 5.0 if you plan on doing a swap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the don't really have much of an aftermarket for it, I've looked! LoL, I don't plan on doing a swap, but every little bit of info helps. If I find a 5.0, I'm sellin this to my mom or my brother when he turns 16. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
673 Posts
There is an aftermarket for them, but it isn't too big and you have to look for it. I know people have those 2.3's running good, I know you can swap the head/cam and intake on them for at least ported ones, and you can get a turbo for it from an old SVO mustang, if you find a donor SVO the swap might be pretty easy. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank I appreciate the help, what about an air filter? Cuz they're like 30 bucks, I looked em up online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts