Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I did. I had a machine shop make me a fitting that basically spliced into the hose that runs TO the heater core and was threaded to receive the temp sensor in the top. the block was machined to accept two large hose nipples to allow unrestricted flow for the heater core. The heater and the sensor both work without flaw. Didn't have to lengthen the wires, matter of fact I had to shorten them. However, now with the bullitt intake, I'm going to have the two sensors up front again and will need to extend the wires. Anyone know if I can just use stranded copper wire in the same guage as the existing? I'd really like to get the correct colors though. Anyone know of a source?

If anyone is interested, the temp sensor block is for sale for $50 (cost me $100 to have it machined) and is going to be a paperweight laying around here. If you have a T-fitting setup, I think this would be a much better solution, not to mention getting rid of that T up front and putting it at the back of the engine, unnoticed. I can e-mail pics if you send me an e-mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NE1?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts