Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a question, I bought one of the new C&L plenums the first week it came out had to be on the waiting list and everything and still havent installed it yet but I will be once this michigan snow leaves and I have done some research for sometime on putting a 70mm Throttlebody in a non pi head car and losing hp like most everyone knows and the new plenums say that fixes the problem but still scared to risk losin any hp, thanks for any opinions

·
Registered
42 Posts
im running a ported& polished stock upper plenum i ported that thing out so much it dosent take long to do with the right tools i think i can go more on mine so im going to do it agian.
and the polishing is not hard.i need a 75mm tb
could you tell a differnce in you car with the ported upper

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really, I only ported it down with my drill for like an hour I could have done more but I was like hey I dont have pi heads so I'm not gonna spend alot of time on it I'll get the C&L and I did

·
Registered
42 Posts
my 98 has the stock heads im thinking of going to the pi heads and doing a lightning maf ive

·
Registered
628 Posts
From what I have seen, some people gain with the 70/75mm TB, and some lose. I would say put it on with the stock TB, then get dyno'ed. Then get the larger TB. If it doesnt make the power, return it.....if any retailer will do that.

Not trying to be a pain, but check this link http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17460

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could take some dyno runs but I live in the outskirts of michigan I have no idea where a place with a dyno is

·
Registered
927 Posts
V8Mustang said:
I've not seen any dyno runs on non-PI cars so that is tough to call. Over time I am sure you will find some results so relax for a while and keep your ears/eyes open.
I have a non-PI car right now, and I ordered the C&L Mass Air Kit w/Intake pipe, Plenum and T/B. After I install it all, I'll do another dyno run (I just did one Friday) and post them both.

·
Registered
543 Posts
sweet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts