Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
And I have parts...

And I have parts if you need them for the swap...I just switch hit in the other direction to a Tremec TKO (pedals, wire loom, torque converter (Lentech), etc., etc.,)

:joy:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good job Don,
I really appreciate the good info. I have a couple questions though. Why did you decide to use the 95 AOD-E rather than a factory built 99 V6 4R70W, also, did you use a W4HO EEC and do you know if this EEC will control the tranie without a chip.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim: Because that's the case that was available and I didn't want to mess with swapping tailhousings. Otherwise, it's just as strong as a factory built 4R70W and when Jerry was done with it, probably a lot stronger.

I am using a W4H0 processor. I have three things the each would need a chip, even by themselves. 1)the wide ratio gearset 2)3.73 gears and 3)the lockup converter - actually I didn't need a chip for the converter, but I don't want the factory program of letting it slip.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Nice info Don. I basically mounted my shifter the same way, from underneath. I wanted to do as little cutting and modding as possible, so if I ever change back to a T-5 it'll be an easy swap...Swapping in the AOD (not AOD-E), for the crossmember I just had to reverse it. Mine was marked "UP" & "R" for Right, which is now on the left....

Where did you find the plug in for the shift indicator light?? I dug around a little, but wasn't able to find it. I never removed my console, so it may be just buried out of sight?

Being that I used an AOD, I have to splice in a Fox body Reverse light harness, but other than that it was a very easy swap, IMO.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
subscribing

Just don't want to miss out on any good information. I should be doing the swap soon. Also, with a Jerry built trans and a Precision Industries 9.5 inch, 3 clutch, 3400 stall

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was about halfway between the shifter and the E brake, kind of half tucked under the carpet towards the passenger's side. Like I said, I was told it was there, but couldn't see it until I did some digging through old french fries and ketchup....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don,

What did you do about the transmission control switch module (receives input from the transmission control switch (OD switch)) and then takes that momentary contact switch signal and puts out a signal for OD light and signal to PCM. Ford no longer makes this part and I have looked everywhere, can't seem to find one. Let me know what you did.

-J

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OKCBird said:
Don,

What did you do about the transmission control switch module (receives input from the transmission control switch (OD switch)) and then takes that momentary contact switch signal and puts out a signal for OD light and signal to PCM. Ford no longer makes this part and I have looked everywhere, can't seem to find one.
-J
I got one from a junkyard. http://www.stangparts.com/ should have one. Junkyards normally do not sell control modules around here. We pulled it ourselves and told them it was an HVAC control. It's right behind the glove box. I have pictures on my website.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Alright, another question, just got on your site and read your article. When you had the output from the switch plugged right into thw W4H0, did it actually turn OD off and on just like normal (you just didn't have the light) or did that not work either? If so then for the time being (I'm on a rather tight schedule right now) I may just hook that wire right into the EEC and then install the module later on (have all the appropriate wires already ran and just plug and play.

Thanks for your help so far.

-J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts