Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just got done installing my new 331 with AFR 185 heads. I fired it up yesterday and it was kind of running like crap...a few clacking sounds here and there from what sounded like rocker noise. Anyways, yesterday, after it ran for a little bit, I noticed some antifreeze around the lower headbolt on the #5 cylinder, which is the front cylinder on the driver's side. Today, I fired it up and I don't hear any clacking and it runs smoother, but the antifreeze is still seeping out slowly from that bolt...what is the problem? That is the only bolt that has that problem...help!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The lower head bolts go into the water jackets so you have to put thread sealer on them. I used arp thread sealer on mine and no leaks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks alot....I guess that I will have to wait until monday to order some thread sealer. As for now, I have to figure out my intermitent "knock" problem that comes from the motor. It kind of sounds like a rocker hititng the cover, but it shouldn't be. Oh well, I'll have my neighbor look at it...I'm sure he'll know. josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts