Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P1SC on my rather stock 94GT and when I get on it some the anti-lock light will come on in the dash. Anyone ever have this happen? The light never came on before and the brakes are all new.

The other day when I got on it, it took off fine then something happened like someone slammed on the brakes. Scared the tar out of me! I thought I blew the motor or something. I hit the seat belt kind of hard too. Any ideas on this one? Maybe the two are related?

Thanks

Chuck

:confused:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hmmm, i dunno. Mine came on when i put on some 275 Nittos on back with 225s in the front.. It calculates all 4 wheels speeds, so on mine it was seeing the fronts going much faster and would always throw the light!!
Also when mine threw the light it disables the ABS !! So they tend to lock up!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Mine also comes on sometimes after I get on it on the street. If what your saying about wheel speed is right, maybe its the wheelspin that is causing it on mine. It only does it after I nail it on the street.... that is usually accomplished with just a touch of wheelspin.:D

Never had the brakes kick on tho... Id be PISSED if that happened, especially if it was during a pass. Thats just dangerous.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
my light (and faulty ABS) have nothing to do with wheel speed....it just stays on.
HOW do I fix it, anyone?

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Mike,

You need a code from the ABS module to know for sure. We charge like $65 dollars for ABS diag so something near that would get you the proper diagnosis at a dealer.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the blower or the car anymore but here's what I think happened:

I didn't have a very good hose clamp on the tubing from the discharge tube to the MAF and when you would go WOT they would seperate. This created a huge vacuum leak as well as a lean condition and the car would just fall flat. I think the vacuum leak caused the ABS light to come on as well as once corrected it never came on again.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
A vacuum leak should never cause an ABS light. That light would be generated by the ABS module (which could care less about engine management) and does not even monitor fuel trims or oxygen sensor signals.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
right rear ABS sensor continuity fault
is the code i pulled....sounds pretty easy, eh?
what does that usually mean, anyways?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I ordered a new wheel speed sensor from Advance Auto Parts for 20 bucks....surely it cannot be that easy?

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Means that there is high/low resistance through the sensor circuit and most likely the speed sensor is faulty. That code is pretty easy. All codes are not that easy. Especially driveability codes.

Good luck!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts