Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my cunning plan for my combo...

"baby" Crower 15510 cam (its an AOD car)
GT-40X aluminum heads
Ported Cobra intake
1.6 rockers
24# injectors
75mm Pro-M bullet MAF
70mm Accufab TB
Longtube headers

Anyone have a similar combo?
Any guesstimations on the power it'll make?
I'm having Valley Performance install it, so it will be done by someone who knows his **** and will adjust stuff properly (i.e., not me) :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
36 Posts
My guess would be anywhere between 265-280 rwhp. I don't know how well the intake is ported, what kind of electronics you're running (chip, extender, etc.) It takes a pretty good setup to break the 300 rwhp mark, and that AOD is going to suck up more power to the back tires than a 5-speed would. Just my opinion though, hope you're happy with your new combo either way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the AOD sucks up power, but it will have a PI Stallion 2600 converter, Lentech valve body, and a wide ratio gearset when the combo goes on. :)
Would it be better to go with an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake and TFS TW heads for power? How does the GT-40X match up powerwise?

·
Registered
284 Posts
What chamber size?

Do you have the 58cc chambers, or 64cc?

The smaller ones would help your cause. Good luck!

Randy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't bought them yet, I wanted to know who's used the GT40X heads successfully. The shop I'm going to for the install prefers them to TFS but I want the best bang for the buck for an NA street car that needs low-end torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts