Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Being I cant leave well enough alone, Ive come across another idea for a build.

My parts list:
Dart Iron Eagle 8.2 block
forged 3.25" crank
h beam rods with arp2000 bolts
pro m 302 single plane fuel injected intake
B41HR cam from my 408
afr 195 from my 408
Vortech V3SI from my 408
NOS wet system 4150 square bore plate 100 shot
meth injection
flex fuel

stay tuned

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,203 Posts
Being I cant leave well enough alone, Ive come across another idea for a build.

My parts list:
Dart Iron Eagle 8.2 block
forged 3.25" crank
h beam rods with arp2000 bolts
pro m 302 single plane fuel injected intake
B41HR cam from my 408
afr 195 from my 408
Vortech V3SI from my 408
NOS wet system 4150 square bore plate 100 shot
meth injection
flex fuel

stay tuned
Too funny. I'm still finishing my install of my 414 (stock 351W block) and have already started thinking about a Dart short block.

Is there good instructions on how to mount the COP? Appears I need to drill and attach them to my valve covers?

Would be nice to avoid the need for running to the tuner everytime something changes on the car.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Too funny. I'm still finishing my install of my 414 (stock 351W block) and have already started thinking about a Dart short block.

Is there good instructions on how to mount the COP? Appears I need to drill and attach them to my valve covers?

Would be nice to avoid the need for running to the tuner everytime something changes on the car.
mount the coils on the valve covers where you want them. i use 10/32 screws, nuts. i drilled the holes inserts the bolts upside so now they are studs. used enough nuts to space them off the valve covers. i used epoxy on the inside of the valve cover so the the screw wouldn't fall down and prevent oil seepage. when i get a chance ill find a pic. really easy and simple. like me lol

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
not running to the tuner for every little change is a plus. and i know that most people dont change parts as nearly as I do but the pro m does make it really easy for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Here are my COP valve covers. I use spark plug wires from a 2006 6.0L Chevy Suburban.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,993 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I like that design of bracket. I wonder if a bracket could be hung from the valve cover bolts? I don't want anything covering the top of my valve covers if possible, and on the side may be the easiest space left to locate the coils.
I've seen an aluminum plate mounted between the engine and firewall with all 8 coils installed also. I think the plate ran from fender to fender. It was easily removable.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts