Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

408w back in. runs absolutely perfect. no leaks, no cel, no problems whatsoever. It really is an amazing machine that I did in my driveway. about 2000 miles have been put on it.

same Vortech v3si. 3" upper 6.87" lower

Changes that were made:
afr 185 72cc to afr 195 58cc 8.5:1 to 10:1

b31 cam to b41hr cam.

trick flow r series intake long runner with 75mm accufab to Pro M racing single plane efi intake with matching rails, Holley efi elbow, 90mm accufab throttle body.

ac blows cold, ps works just fine. waiting on a dyno day to open up. just a hp pull, not to tune it.

I have 6* added to the ethanol spark adder table. i cant believe what high quality e85 does to this car. unbelievable.

thanks to wife for letting me wrench after dinner, daughter for handing me my tools, Mike Plummer and J. Janek for tech tips and [email protected] M racing for answering all emails and fantastic customer support and for making one awesome product.

Premium Member
No need to thank John or me, you're the one doing all the wrenching. Now get that thing to the dyno and adding spark advance is tuning..........for more torque/power 馃榿

Good luck
Michael Plummer

Registered
Just a stock 302....
Ahh OK Good news. Please, keep us posted. Your fans are waiting !

I'm right behind you. My next post will be in the turbo section seeking guidance. Would hope to see you stop by and comment since you are ahead of me with close to the same equipment.

Premium Member
oh yeah, box stock tune.

no tooning on my end either. just plug and play.
Congratulations kjb302ho on your dyno numbers. Please don't take this the wrong way but I need to be crystal clear and I'm speaking for John Janek also. The Pro-M EMS has so much more to offer than just plugging it in and saying you're done. Both John and I are always looking to optimize our tunes for more power, better gas mileage, and improved drivability. Then there's a DTC window, data logging, etc. because you have a very powerful tool at your disposal......don't be afraid to use it.

Thank you
Michael Plummer

Reactions: Stangdawg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Congratulations kjb302ho on your dyno numbers. Please don't take this the wrong way but I need to be crystal clear and I'm speaking for John Janek also. The Pro-M EMS has so much more to offer than just plugging it in and saying you're done. Both John and I are always looking to optimize our tunes for more power, better gas mileage, improved drivability, a DTC window, and data logging because you have a very powerful tool at your disposal.

Thank you
Michael Plummer
yes Im absolutely certainly aware that the pro m is extremely user friendly, and the ability to optimize my combo, has a real obd2 cel, easily datalog info if i need it.

But as of now, its OEM reliability, drivability, that is most important right now.

as for the plug and play part, that just me getting a little overexcited. I put down 645 in my driveway. i followed simple instructions that were repeatably revised and made more easy to understand.

its a long plug and play, but in the end, thats exactly what it is. 408w supercharged 10:1, flex fuel cop ignition.

i feel hooking up a ps5 was more difficult.

Registered
700 is about the safe limit. no reason to go any higher. it will last i dont lean on it.

3rd gear 4th gear, ludicrous speed
He says this, just after bouncing off of the 8200rpm rev limiter.

Reactions: kjb302ho
21 - 40 of 51 Posts