Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to plan this out -

I've seen this done one way -

Feed line up to a y-block, 2 lines to the rails, then 2 lines off the rails back into a y-block, to the regulator, back to the tank.

NOW,

Can I do this?

Feed line directly to the rear of one rail - connect the front of both rails, exit the rear of the other rail, to the regulator, back to the tank?

reasoning being it would be one less 70 buck y-block and a few less fittings to use.

I'd assume it would work the same way, but I'm not positive.

Thanks.

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
you can use a Y-block to feed BOTH lines, you WONT need another Y-block to go to the regulator, just run the return line from each rail to both sides of the regulator(thats why there is to return ports) i run into the front of my passenger side rail, hook the two rails together with a -8 line, and return the drivers side rail to the regulator;) this is looked down on and not favored by some but ive seen MANY 10 second combos running this way and it works for me also;) but i would just do what you plan on and Y into the two rails and return BOTH rails to the regulator

·
Registered
870 Posts
you can get a bg y block from summit for $25,or you can get a nos y for 35 that already has -8 male fittings on all 3 sides. the way blown89saleen runs his has worked for many but it has half the flow capacity of a parallel system where fuel is plumbed separate through each line. for whatever it costs $70 would be cheap insurance.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

So I think this is the plan -

-10 feed to y-block, two -8 to rails, two -8 exiting rails to regulator, and a -6 return.

Sound OK?

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
fiveoboy01 said:
Thanks guys.

So I think this is the plan -

-10 feed to y-block, two -8 to rails, two -8 exiting rails to regulator, and a -6 return.

Sound OK?
what is your intended power level? i think you would be fine with -10 from sump to pump, -8 from pump to Y-block, -8 from Y-block to rails and -8 from rails to regulator and -6 from regulator to tank;) i really dont think -10 is necassary from the pump to the Y-block -8 will do fine and it will save you a few bucks at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts