Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used saleen series II kit a while back, and I am finally almost ready to install the blower itself, but need a few more things. I already have the heat exchanger, coolant tank, and pump and guages mounted. I have ported the lower intake per Graham's Detailed instructions. (Thanks Graham!) For the time being I am using the stock fuel pump and a KB BAP. I have a PLX wideband o2, and a tweecer. I am using a copy of the Kenny-Bell base tune modified for the 30lb injectors. Once I get it running, have access to a dyno where I can tweak the fuel and the timing. My next step is to actually mount the blower, and the throttle cables. The kit did not come with the intake bolts, or a thermostat. So my questions are:
1. Are the intake bolts the same as the stock bolts? The thickness of the intakes look pretty close.

2. Does anyone have a part number for the thermostat. I picked up a 180 degree that should have fit the stock intake, but it doesn't fit the saleen intake. It is a possibility that they gave me the wrong one, since I haven't compared it to the stocker I have in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
306 Posts
James - How did the intake porting work out for you? Did you go the acid route? Saleen provided different length bolts to mount the intake, but I don't remember whether they were longer or shorter than stock. I bought a 180 degree thermostat (from Brother's I think), that said it was for a stock GT, and it fit fine.

Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started to do the acid porting, but after a few applications I got a little impatient, and I was really making a mess. I ended up just shortening the runner length from the inside, and opening them up like you had suggested. The right tools went a long way working the inside of that intake. I used 1.5 inch sanding drums, on a long drill bit extension to remove most of the material, and a right angle air grinder to shape it up. the 50 grit sanding drums really made it go alot faster. I'll measure the thickness of that intake where the bolts go through and see how much of a difference there is and go from there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah the regular Ford 180 degree should fit.

Sounds like portingis the way to go with these saleen manifolds:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
jwg said:
Yeah the regular Ford 180 degree should fit.

Sounds like portingis the way to go with these saleen manifolds:cool:
Yeah they must have given me the wrong part the one I have is too tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts