Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Idle hanging and bucking at cruise sounds like dashpot settings needing to be tuned. Unfortunately, no off the shelf tune is going to nail these.

If you indeed have a misfire (what are the symptoms to make you believe its misfiring?), then thats a another route of troubleshooting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I second getting a quarterhorse as it will be essential for tuning and just as important datalogging if you plan to get into that and modify further. I'm not sure if they have the same supply issues though.

Some things you can try are to get the car warmed up, and try to run it with the IAC unplugged to see if it makes youre cruise response better with less bucking. Do this on an empty road if you can if it dies due to poor idle management you wont be stuck in traffic. If this helps, you need to adjust/tune idle air and dashpot.

If it doesn't help I'm always suspicious of stock reman MAF sensors and how they are calibrated. That is another item that controls the load your ecm is calculating. If its off for any reason it can cause these symptoms.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I guess interpreting the thread as tense is all about how you read text and translate that to a tone.

What I see is good suggestions being offered and none of them being tried yet.

Reactions: HYBRED
1 - 5 of 5 Posts