Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a question about head selection. I have an 82 GT 302 that's .030 over and has KB 116 pistons installed. They have a .200 dome height. A Lunati 00061 cam is also installed. The current heads are production E7 heads, I believe the last owner installed these heads before I bought it. I have been looking at the Trick Flow 170 heads and I'm worried that with the dome piston that these heads aren't even an option. Any advice or experience on this head or any other would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
920 Posts
AFR 1426 (195 cc intake 58 cc chamber) 1422 (185 cc intake 58 cc chamber) or 1402 (165 cc intake 58 cc chamber) will work good if you want stud mount rockers, 1472 (165 cc intake 60 cc chamber) if you want pedestal mount rockers. All 4 of those heads have the thermactor air injection hookups if you need them. If you don't there are versions of all of them but the 1472 that do not. You can block them off with a bolt also. The 1426 has 2.05 intake valves so it may not have enough valve clearance with those pistons, they should though. With any of those heads you may have to run premium fuel, at least midgrade, because the compression will be fairly high, around 10.4 for all but the 1472 10.2 for that one. These depend on deck clearance and head gasket volume.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.