Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pics of my 4.6 DOHC Swap that I completed last year. I started this project 9 years and 3 kids ago.

Its basically an aluminum block 03 cobra motor with a GT500 M122 bolted to a Viper T56. I used 94 Cobra brakes including the ABS and I am running the MS3 Pro for the ECU.

I originally bought the car 18 years ago and have played with numerous 5.0 builds before deciding to switch to the mod motor. I really kick myself now wishing I would have done a Coyote.

The goal was to have the car totally drive-able and make over 600 HP. I haven't dyno'd it yet but compared the to old motor but it should be close. I still have to finish up my intake tubing, convert it back to MAF and have it tuned.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Awesome car man. That's a TON of work. I've really been thinking about a Yote or Modular swap.. but it's a tough call these days. The 11r heads have breathed some life into the SBF platform.. make it's hard to swap.

Is that the Dakota digital dash? I've been looking at them trying to decide if/when I'll ever swap to them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Fantastic build,car is beautiful.My next project( havent even finished the current one) is gonna be a mod motor either 3v or 4v.So if your gonna a do a coyote at some point,ill buy your "old" stuff :drool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome car man. That's a TON of work. I've really been thinking about a Yote or Modular swap.. but it's a tough call these days. The 11r heads have breathed some life into the SBF platform.. make it's hard to swap.

Is that the Dakota digital dash? I've been looking at them trying to decide if/when I'll ever swap to them.
Hey thanks. Yeah I decided to do the swap after splitting the old block and looking at the time of what a decent 302 block would cost.

I used to run a stock 302 block, AFR 185s, Holley System max 2 intake and a p1sc that made pretty good power but it seemed like I always has something wrong with it and then I seen an 03 Cobra put down more power with minimal mods I was sold.

Anyways yes it's a Dakota Digital. I didn't mind the old dash as long as it is the 140mph, but when I did the Viper 6 speed, I lost my cable output so it kind of forced me too it.

It has a lot of cool features and looks great especially at night. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking aftermarket. They also make a lot of add-on modules to pull more information into it.

Reactions: thenemesis

·
Registered
861 Posts
It definitely does cost some dough to supercharge + build a SBF. The modular game is hard to beat when they can do 6-700hp with boost and bolt ons. I'm glad to know the Dakota is well worth it. I've seen tons of folks run it, but never got a ton of feedback on if it was worth it. Luckily mine is OE enough to use the stock refurb'd 140 cluster, but eventually i'd like to update the car. I can only imagine how much better the visibility/lighting is.

But again, love the car. Get it on some badass wheels and suspension. That thing will be phenomenal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts