Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im running an off road system just crank water p/s and alt. i relocated my p/s and rmoved all the lines and the condenser but ive still got those ugly two pipe ends sticking out of my firewall and id like them out 1. what are they 2. how do i remove them 3. best way to seal the hole short of welding a cover plate i made this thread because all the others are about the belt lenght for gods sake i run a three inch crank and underdrive alt and water and stock ps and i run a 70 and 3/4 or 1/4 idr but ive seen so many threads on that im sick of it and mine works so im happy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They are for the evaporator, you can cut them flush or take out the heater box from behind the dash and remove the part completely. As for covering the hole you can cover it and weld it or cover it with sheet metal and rivet it on. If you take the box out ya can do it from the inside which makes it look cleaner, but either way will do the job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so go in like im removing the heater core and remove the eveaporator instead or is it alittle mor in depth than that and do you know of a write up on this?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
ok so go in like im removing the heater core and remove the eveaporator instead or is it alittle mor in depth than that and do you know of a write up on this?
It's the same thing. Just get the heater box out then open it up and remove the part. Little time consuming for some, but fairly easy.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
What hose clips? The A/C hard lines? Like the 2 off the condenser and the 2 by the firewall? If so you use the quick disconnect tool. The same set you use on stk fuel lines to fuel rails will work.
oh ok...have to pick one up i guess. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts