Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the deal while I was in Wicita falls I had Discount tire put on 4 new Kumho ecstas on my car. I know they arent the best but Im buying a home so funds are limited. Anyway on the way home in Lousiana, I noticed a vibration under the drivers seat and up through the steering wheel going about 70 mph or faster. It doesnt do it at lower speeds around town just at highway speeds. Im thinking I have an imbalance in a wheel somewhere. It didn't do it when I had my Pirelli SuperSports on there so Im going with the most simple explanation. Another thing the tires themselves seem to have a greater gab inbetween the wheel and the tire, more so than my old tires. Is this normal? :confused:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Just go back to any discount tire and have them rebalance the tires. Also have them check the runout of the tires mounted to ensure they are round and the belts have not slipped causing tread walk. Dose not happen often but it does happen. As for the gap if you replaced you old tires with the same size there should be very little if any difference?

Dwayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts