Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 1.7RR's on my GT-40 heads and after doing so i have a tick on the passenger side. i know its on the number 4 cylinder because for some reason it seemed to want 2 shims.... that was the closest i could get it.

is it possible to get a tick if they are too tight. meaning the pre-load is too much... i know it can happen if it is not enough (valve float). but this happens at all RPM's. obviously it gets faster as the RPM's climb.

what should i do? what would be the best way to adjust them? because it has 2 shims and only some of the others have 1 should i take a shim out to see if that helps? i have no idea why one cylinder would be that far out...

please help!

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have this problem too...on a stock rocker with stock heads...again #4 cylinder... no matter what i do...TICK TICK TICK

done this ever since i put the TFS springs in it

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have double hydrolic valve springs on the heads that will handle a lot more lift than the stock cam (which is what i still have). im hoping there is nothing wrong with them. its odd because i had to put 2 shims under the rocker and most of the others didnt need any, or maybe 1 on 4 or 5 of them...

thanks,
adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.