Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dudes. I scored this used billet roller cam with some other foxbody junk.

Gal selling it didn't know **** about it. Tried to give me a Comp cams cam card with it. The markings look correct for the AFM n41, intake/exhaust have the same lift, lobe lift around .340 which is in the ball park. Crudely measured with a digital caliper for now. I will rig up a dial indicator and degree wheel.

Does it look correct? Or did some butthole just grind "N41" into it?

Gas Engineering Rim Circle Auto part

Nickel Gas Machine Auto part Nut

·
USAF retired
9,585 Posts
Send the pics to Bullet they do the cams for Anderson. I've had one Anderson cam, and it had B21 stamped in the front end in smaller numbers. Otherwise stick it in an engine and degree it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Anderson B31 was stamped... I believe it was a comp cam grind
Recently Had someone sell me what was Supposed to be a N41 none of the markings were right and was haphazardly engraved like yours......found out that it was a Solid lifter cam from Hughes😩🥴

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Is that reflection from the lighting or do those lobes really have ridges on them?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that reflection from the lighting or do those lobes really have ridges on them?
They don't look like that in person. I'm coming up with roughly .340" lobe lift with a caliper which is a touch high. I'm going to finish cleaning it up and whip up some wood V blocks to kinda degree it in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Dudes. I scored this used billet roller cam with some other foxbody junk.

Gal selling it didn't know **** about it. Tried to give me a Comp cams cam card with it. The markings look correct for the AFM n41, intake/exhaust have the same lift, lobe lift around .340 which is in the ball park. Crudely measured with a digital caliper for now. I will rig up a dial indicator and degree wheel.

Does it look correct? Or did some butthole just grind "N41" into it?

View attachment 1079520
View attachment 1079519
I had an N41 and B3 cam and both had the same manual inscription on the end of the cam. I know it looks very generic, and well it is. Both mine were bought new so don't think you should worry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts