Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As you can see I got my amps mounted, everything works great, I am happy with the looks of the way they are mounted, but, wondering if it could look cleaner. I am looking for some advice or examples on what to do to clean it up even more. I am not ruling out the idea of moving the amps elsewhere.

I welcome simple suggestions and even more complex suggestions.

I will be re-mounting my Infinity Basslink in the trunk soon.

My only requirement, is that I am able to maintain most of the trunk space and still be able to fold down the seats other than that I am wide open to suggestions.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, you could run the wiring through the seat backs (coming out on the bottom), so they wires aren't so exposed. That would do a lot for making it look cleaner. Or, if you were willing to go a little farther, you could actually flush mount the amps into the seat backs, so nothing shows but the heatsinks. That would look really nice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You coupe guys think your so special with all that trunk space... I dunno - it looks good. I would tend to agree - the only way to make it look any cleaner would be to refine your cables even more - But doing any more than you have already will start getting tricky. I agree - if you want it to be cleaner - run the wires into the seat backs - And be sure to find trim pieces for the holes you cut - before you cut them (So you can be certain to make the hole work with the trim.) ...Other than that - Paint your mouting screws - they look out of place against the black Amp-chassis.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea of the wires into the seat, will need to investigate how to do that. Flush mounting them into the seat is a no go, wife would not like that, two kids, she would be concerned about safety.

I was also thinking about flush mounting them to the trunk floor directly behind the seats, or, building a shelf where the old sound box used to be. This will probably change on a monthly basis until I really like it.

Thanks,
SN95GT50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts