Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shrug, I dunno what happened to my post. I definitely typed in something. Oh well, forget it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hehe ok.

I have the Mach 460 system. I just bought a Panasonic CQ-DFX972U head unit (50w x 4), and a Fosgate BTR1210 box with 2 10" Fosgate subs, each are 100 watt RMS, 200 watts max. It also came with 2 tweeters. Here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32823&item=3000007758

I'm wondering which amp I should get to drive the subs/tweeters. Someone today told me that I might have to rip out the Mach 460 system, but I don't want to do that. I just need some advice about how to set all this up, which amp to get, how to bridge what, how to power what. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I've never messed with the Mock 460 (nor do I really care to), so I can't give you too much info, but I thought at the least I'd bump this for ya.

Personally, I would leave the tweeters out of the equation, and just worry about amping the subs. That said, you could use just about any amp that will give out the power. If you wanted to stay with Rockford, they make amps that would work, as would most good mainstream companies out there.

Again, as for the Mock 460 stuff, I don't know what to tell ya..

·
Registered
865 Posts
The only reason I can see to rip out the MACH 460 for what you want to do would be to fit that box into the trunk didn't get exact dimensions, but the Mach 460 sound box takes a fair amount of trunk space.

depending on the amp you use, you will have to use either speaker level or pre-out levels for your sub, here is a link that may help Sub stuff Do those subwoofers have any crossovers built into them? If not, consider an Amp that has a low pass filter. You want to be careful not to send too much power at low freq to those tweets, I would seperate them onto seperate channels if not seperate amps.

Just some thoughts,
SN95GT50

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
When buying an amp I feel it's important not to skimp out since it'll determine the performance of your system. You can have a single 12 inch JL Audio sub that costs $500 but it would sound like absolute crap if you use a Kenwood or Sony amp. A few upper midlevel amps I suggest are Orion XTR (NOT Cobalt!!), USA Amps, Hifonics, anb Audiobahn. I'd stay away from Kenwood, Sony Xplod, Pyramid, and some of the MTX lower models. If you have money to spend then there are some nice ones like Phoenix Gold, a/d/s, and JL Audio. No subs have a built in crossover, the design of the cone/woofer is simply designed to play low frequencies...you just crossover the signal on the amp...but prefabed boxes with tweets will be crossed over. Best of luck

links in order of my preference:
www.sounddomain.com
www.thezeb.com
www.darvex.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts