Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe ... anyways I didn't drive my car all day yesterday, because of the crappy weather. On my way to the gym this morning my clutch felt like a feather and seemed to be catching a lot higher than usual? I have tried that method of adjusting in the past where the car is put in first and you pull up the pedal all the way ... and then depress it back while the car is off. When I have done this in the past it seemed to adjust the clutch to catch better. I have also been told this method is BS. Anyways I tried to do it today and it did not seem to work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm pretty sure they stopped putting the factory adjustable clutches in 94. The fox body stangs could be adjusted by the method you stated there. The only way to adjust our is to get a firewall adjuster or adjustable cable. From what i hear from people that have them, it makes clutch feel WAY better, so it's worth getting the quadrant, cable and firewall adjuster. UPR sells all 3 for $79 plus shipping. It's the next thing i'm ordering.

RYAN

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts