Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to be "elitist" in any way for I know many GT's can spank a cobra's a#$........but I have to get this off my chest because I am annoyed.....I pulled into a parking lot and got out of my car and a guy with a mustang GT did the equivalent of a ricer flybye to show off his modified exhaust I guess......this happens all the damn time....like I am gonna be empressed by your GT with a loud exhaust.....I don't even care if you have 400HP under the hood...your car does not have the exclusitivity of a cobra(I am more impressed by the cobra R than the 03 cobra) I would rather take a limited production car anyday......people OH and AWE and a cobra....not a GT......I could have bought a GT and supercharged it if I wanted to......I guess it would be like me trying to impress and 03...what would be the point...leave showmanship to the ricers please! If you wanna roll up and talk about stangs I am all for it....Bottom line I guess is do GT owners really think I am impressed by their car?
sorry for the rant or if it makes me sound like an A-hole.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe a poll is in order......Would you rather have a 400+HP GT or a stock cobra? I guess it depends on priorities....if you are a track whore I guess the GT....if you just want to attract a little jealous attention the cobra........

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
I don't think that's what it was about. It's like saying HI to a fellow stanger. All he was doing was sayin' "Hey, Buddy, I'm a Mustang enthusiast, too! What's up?"

I do the same thing sometimes when I see a fellow stanger.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do that....but I pull up and stop and say hi....I do not try to drag race down the parking lot at WOT....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I rev at other cobra owners to get their attention and either wave at them or give them a thumbs up. just my way of saying "hell yah! i got one too :D"

maybe he just got it and wanted to hear it WOT. I do that all the time downtown, I love the way my exhaust sounds...so I hit 6K+ rpms all the time. Especially in very enclosed quarters (parking garages), downtown between skyscrapers. Call me an attention whore, but I love it when people's jaw drop when I go by.

I've had people come up to me and literally say "I'm not a car person at all. I don't know what makes your car special, but it sounds awesome" I've had diehard transam and chevy guys complement my on my exhaust and the way my car looks.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
ufptboy said:
I am not trying to be "elitist" in any way for I know many GT's can spank a cobra's a#$........but I have to get this off my chest because I am annoyed.....I pulled into a parking lot and got out of my car and a guy with a mustang GT did the equivalent of a ricer flybye to show off his modified exhaust I guess......this happens all the damn time....like I am gonna be empressed by your GT with a loud exhaust.....I don't even care if you have 400HP under the hood...your car does not have the exclusitivity of a cobra(I am more impressed by the cobra R than the 03 cobra) I would rather take a limited production car anyday......people OH and AWE and a cobra....not a GT......I could have bought a GT and supercharged it if I wanted to......I guess it would be like me trying to impress and 03...what would be the point...leave showmanship to the ricers please! If you wanna roll up and talk about stangs I am all for it....Bottom line I guess is do GT owners really think I am impressed by their car?
sorry for the rant or if it makes me sound like an A-hole.....
Yeah...You are a tad over sensitive IMHO. GT's are Mustangs also. Not everyone wants the same in their car, or wants to spend as much as others. And...plenty of wealthy people drive simple cars, and this is not a "class" thing. I actually like GT's because they look great and can burn regular fuel, and have thought about getting one for a driver. So what does that say about me? Does it say I can't afford a Cobra?

But like you...I can't seem to warm up to that "ricer" scene, but I do respect what some of those guys have done with their cars.

·
Registered
866 Posts
ufptboy said:
I am not trying to be "elitist" in any way for I know many GT's can spank a cobra's a#$........
Sounds like you ARE though :eek:

Every once in a while a Mustang guy revs by me in the Panoz. I always give a smile and a wave. I don't think these guys want to race me (and get their a$$ handed to them). I interpret the revved up engine as a friendly greeting recognizing the fact that we're all Ford V-8 powered.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Skadork said:
I've had people come up to me and literally say "I'm not a car person at all. I don't know what makes your car special, but it sounds awesome" I've had diehard transam and chevy guys complement my on my exhaust and the way my car looks. [/B]
Skadork - Funny that you said that. A few months ago the mail man that delivers mail to my apartment complex flagged me down one day when I was about to drive off and asked me, "What did you do to that thing to make it so loud and sound so good. It's awesome." I thanked him and went on my way. Now everytime I see him he has a big grin on his face and waves.

Nathan

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"maybe he just got it and wanted to hear it WOT. I do that all the time downtown, I love the way my exhaust sounds...so I hit 6K+ rpms all the time. Especially in very enclosed quarters (parking garages), downtown between skyscrapers. Call me an attention whore, but I love it when people's jaw drop when I go by. "

True.....

·
Registered
866 Posts
ufptboy said:
I hit 6K+ rpms all the time. Especially in very enclosed quarters (parking garages), downtown between skyscrapers.
Ah yes... nothing like the sound of that V8 revving through stainless steel headers with glasspacks and no mufflers. With that kind of music who needs a stereo?

Is it just me or are these Cobra engines really the best sounding V8s on the planet? The engineers at Ford must have taken special efforts to make it sound that sweet.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,018 Posts
I'm sorry, but I fail to see anything that could be considered "tech" in this thread. Please post these sorts of things in the Lounge.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.