Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've cooked maybe 8 of these suckers in the last 10 years. I am good at following directions and my Totinos' are usually masterpieces, but this "delivery" pizza eludes me. Each time, it has turned out effed up - combination of burned crust and uncooked middle. It's not my oven or freezer, this has been in 6 different houses. Tonight was the worst. The whole thing just kind of melted and oozed through the oven rack. Waste of money, I'm sticking with totinos or $5 pizza pizza if I'm in the mood.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
It's you. I've never had an issue cooking pizzas in the oven. I did one but I forgot and left it on the cardboard when I put it in the oven

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I've never had a problem with a Digiorno pizza, the only thing i do different is less the cook time by 1-2 minutes because i use a thick pizza cooking sheet which makes the crust a little crispy.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Use a pizza stone? I usually grab the ready made fresh dough from the grocery store (hanaforsd has a great garlic based one). I never feel the need to buy pizza out as these are great. For a basic one i just use that, prego original for sauce, some Italian seasoning, some cayenne and mozzarella. (Corn meal on the stone as well). They usually come out great, are fast cheap and easy.
X2, a pizza stone is by far the best option!

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
Preheat the oven and add 5 degrees. While it's preheating, take the pizza out of the box, open the plastic and let it sit. When the oven is up to temp, put the pizza directly on the rack. (what is the time for directly on the rack ?17-19) I go for 18.

When it comes out, it goes directly on a wood cutting board to get sliced.

·
This space for rent
6,727 Posts
Freschetta blows digiorno out of the water
5$ Little Ceasars hot n' readies blows all the frozen crap out of the water. Digiorno tastes nothing like pizzeria pizza and I will only buy it if it's on sale because otherwise it's just as much, if not MORE than delivery/carryout pizza.

That being said I honestly think Red Baron tastes better than Digiorno. Red Baron is embracing itself as a frozen pizza and tries to be the best frozen pizza it can be. Digiorno on the otherhand tries and fails to be a delivery pizza! lmao

·
Corral Charter Member
24,973 Posts
I'd try a oven thermometer first. Your oven could be off.

DiGiorno, too salty for me. I make my own or call the local guy that makes a great NY style pizza.

Michael Means

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
5$ Little Ceasars hot n' readies blows all the frozen crap out of the water. Digiorno tastes nothing like pizzeria pizza and I will only buy it if it's on sale because otherwise it's just as much, if not MORE than delivery/carryout pizza.

That being said I honestly think Red Baron tastes better than Digiorno. Red Baron is embracing itself as a frozen pizza and tries to be the best frozen pizza it can be. Digiorno on the otherhand tries and fails to be a delivery pizza! lmao
A frozen pizza will always be a frozen pizza. I'll take a Digiorno over a $5 LC hot and ready anyday. Catch the Digiorno on sale and get the one with cinn bread.

That being said, if you're happy with a LC's $5 hot and ready, spend another buck and buy the pepperoni cheese bread. . . . way better than their pizza. IMHO, it merely proves that their sauce ruins their pizza.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts