Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 94 Cobra and it has horrible alternator whine through the speakers. The setup is completely stock Mach 460 so I have no idea where to begin? Also, the whine isn't constant, occassionally it will completely dissappear for a while then come back. Could this be a faulty head unit? The previous owner said it was doing this before the MSD also, so I doubt that is the cause.
thanks
Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am having the same exact problem. I have a 94 cobra with the mach 460 and i know it's not the head unit cause I put another in and it still happens. I notice when its hot or wet out it happens constantly. Anyone else have any suggestions ? thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think it means you have a bad ground going to the 6X8 amp. Do check that connector behind the driver side kick panel. I have a 94 cobra with the Mach460 too. I used tie wraps to cinch this connector tight and the whine dissapeared.
Congrats on your new car, I have a blast driving mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did u guys notice if there was a brown cable running to the back of the car while you were looking in the kick panel ? this is another issue but i did solve mine my looking in the kick panel and tighning up that connector. thanks for the help on that ...

Billy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts