Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know people have been waiting for them. My 99 GT was tuned by JMS last year prior to these long tubes and I made (by the way I still have cats, so off roaders will see more)

246.2 RWHP/ 288.5 RWTQ for my N/A program
332.6 RWHP/ 401.2 RWTQ for my 90 hp jet on my n2o program

after the hookers and some minor chip tweaking to account for the LT's my numbers are now

264.0 RWHP/ 302.2 RWTQ for my N/A program
360.2 RWHP/ 455.1 RWTQ :eek: for my 90 hp jet on my n20 program

So I saw 17.8 RWHP increase and 13.7 RWTQ increase n/a and 27.6 RWHP and 53.9 RWTQ increase on n2o.

I might have been able squeeze few more out n/a, but it was hot and we made about 10 dyno runs today so the motor was hot as well. Hopefully I will get some track times soon.

Randy at True Blue was great as usual and anyone who hasn't taken the time to see him who lives within 2 hours of Raleigh is really missing out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
wow....iguess i know what i'm getting after the magnaflow catback.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice results NC_35thPony

I just received my hooker long tubes ceramic coating and i'm still waiting for my x-pipe. How did the install go? How long did it take? Did you still have to remove your k-member to install the headers? Any difficulties? Sorry for the all the questions, I'm just so excited to get it done on my 2001 GT. Did you get ceramic coated or painted headers?

Thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
So you modified your Bassani w/cats? I'm thinking of having some cats welded in my hooker X pipe . . . I'm sick my car being so loud. Nice to know that I'd still get a decent gain.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The install went pretty well, but we did over two days when we had some time. We had access to a lift which made it a ton easier. They were a PITA though, be prepared to launch a few tools across the driveway. We also couldn't get the clip on one of the locking headerbolts. We cut down and used my bassani x-pipe and I agree that no cats with LT's would be to loud for me. These are by far the best mod I have done and I think the numbers speak for themselves. Feel free to post anymore questions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Got the email from Summit today.....X pipe shipped! :joy:

Now, if my installer can find time to put them in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Good to see that someone is making good power with longtubes. Hell, I probably won't even hit 264 to the wheels with my intake and cams.

I just hope my low #'s were because of my screwed up dipswitch. Now, that its fixed... I'm gonna go get some new dyno #'s dammit, because I'm really starting to get pissed at my car!!!!!!!!!!!!! :livid: :curses: :mad:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nice numbers! The TQ number on n20 isincredible! How was your a/f ratio NA? and on the juice? If you get some track times post them please. Later Ron

·
Registered
213 Posts
NC_35thPony said:
Feel free to post anymore questions.
How much did they cost? Are you worried about burning any oil? I know the BBK longtubes don't, but the MACs do...so I'm wondering if the Hookers do that or not. I've been hesitant to get longtubes b/c of the install pita, plus nearly no gains most people see (n/a). But your gains are nice, I just wanna make sure the Hookers aren't making you burn oil before I buy mine. Let us all know!!! thanks, and good info.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pat96Cobra said:

How much did they cost? Are you worried about burning any oil? I know the BBK longtubes don't, but the MACs do...so I'm wondering if the Hookers do that or not. I've been hesitant to get longtubes b/c of the install pita, plus nearly no gains most people see (n/a). But your gains are nice, I just wanna make sure the Hookers aren't making you burn oil before I buy mine. Let us all know!!! thanks, and good info.
I paid $650 shipped to my door for the ceramic coated ones. And yes they are a PITA, but they are well worth it for the gains I got. I will let you know when I change my oil to see if I had any significant oil loss, so far, nothing measurable.

My A/F n/a was 12.5 across the board, it was a very flat graph, and with n2o, it was about 12.6 until about 5,500 rpms and then it leaned a little bit to 12.8.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If that is the kinda gains from LTs, then I'm in. Everyone else putting those kinda numbers up?
Any photos?

I very interested in getting LTs for my 01 Cobra Convertible, but am worried about clearance of t-56 bell housing and I can remove the tranny without removing the headers.

Any particular brand have more clearance then others?
Who else makes LTs for our late model cars?(BBK, MAC, Hooker, ?)
What brands offer a matching Hpipe with cats?
How far down did you cut your xpipe, below the top o2 sensors?
What is this burning LT oil thing, I don't know about that?

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
highmiles said:
If that is the kinda gains from LTs, then I'm in. Everyone else putting those kinda numbers up?
Any photos?

I very interested in getting LTs for my 01 Cobra Convertible, but am worried about clearance of t-56 bell housing and I can remove the tranny without removing the headers.

Any particular brand have more clearance then others?
Who else makes LTs for our late model cars?(BBK, MAC, Hooker, ?)
Well, then you'd probably want to look into the Hookers. They were made with removing the tranny in mind so its not a problem, in fact thats one of the things they advertise. Right now, SHM, BBK, Mac, and hooker headers are the only longtubes out. I think VRS and bassani might be making some for the 2v and 4v...not sure. can anyone confirm?

-Adam

·
Registered
249 Posts
THIS JUST PISSES ME OFF EVEN MORE!!!! :mad: :mad:

I HAVE the money available, however, according to SHM the Hooker LT's for the 99+ Cobra's are NOT available yet!! :mad:

I have tried to call Holley with NO help and SHM said everytime they call Holley they keep saying "2 weeks"!! :( I NEED these because I want to get these parts installed before the shootout!!! :)

DAMMIT!!! :mad: Thanks for the post those - that just fuels my desire to get these!! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts