Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost finished adding the sn95 parts to my 89GT and will need to bleed the lines soon. I assume there is probably going to be a lot of air in all the lines as I am replacing the master cylinder and adding an adj. proportioning valve, not to mention everything at each wheel.

So how do I start? I assume I should bench bleed the master and then do the rear lines first. Anyone have any thoughts or experience they'd like to share??

Also, where is a good place to start as far as setting the proportioning valve rear bias????

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Go by the FMS directions on the valve. All the way in to bleed. Then all the way out and 4 turns in for the initial setting.

Start at the farthest wheel and work to the closest.

RR> LR> RF> LF

Just be sure that you get all the air out of the rear brakes. When I redid my car, I drove it for about 10 miles after a good bleed. Came back and did it again to get the rest of the air out. You can also pressure bleed which makes it easier.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please explain pressure bleeding.

Also, I got a Wilwood from Jegs that has no instructions, but thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
This will help:

http://www.apexcone.com/Bleeder/bleeder.html

What I use is the MC cap with an air hose fitting on there, set the regulator on the air tool tank to 15lbs and hook it up. Be sure to after each wheel to refill the MC. If you let it go dry, start all over.

Also be sure to gutt the stock PV and install the FMS plug there to use the adjustable unit. Yes, the Wilwood or other brand of valve does not come with instructions. The figure if you know you need an adjustable unit, you dont need instructions. Makes sense

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt90GT said:
What I use is the MC cap with an air hose fitting on there, set the regulator on the air tool tank to 15lbs and hook it up. Be sure to after each wheel to refill the MC. If you let it go dry, start all over.
Thanks.

Also be sure to gutt the stock PV and install the FMS plug there to use the adjustable unit.
Yup got that, its next on the to-do list along with the master.

Yes, the Wilwood or other brand of valve does not come with instructions. The figure if you know you need an adjustable unit, you dont need instructions. Makes sense
Not sure how to take that. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts