Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought since quite a few folks have been asking about my swap over to the 2000 GT engine that I'd post up some pictures today. I am waiting on a new oil cooler and still have to figure out the mounting of the shifter and all that stuff but I'm making good progress.

Here are a few pictures:

The wiring harness wasn't really that difficult and I've got most of the top end put together as illustrated above. I just need to put the fan in and a few other odds and ends and then wash and wax this car it looks aweful with alot of dust :(

Take care,
Tim

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ah, so you're sticking with the supercharger, huh? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bierbelly said:
Ah, so you're sticking with the supercharger, huh? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Good luck.
LOL... yep... big difference between 96-98 car with 99 heads (compression ratio) then a 2000 GT engine :) So yes, I'll continue to run the blower hehehe... :evil:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Shifter

To mount the shifter you are going to have to drill out the factory spot welds in the tunnel for the plate to come off, then bend some 18-gauge sheetmetal over the hole and either weld or (preferrably, for ease of removal if needed) rivet it to the tunnel. Bend to fit and the shifter can be bolted to that.

BTW Thanks James :)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Shifter

Streetracer said:
To mount the shifter you are going to have to drill out the factory spot welds in the tunnel for the plate to come off, then bend some 18-gauge sheetmetal over the hole and either weld or (preferrably, for ease of removal if needed) rivet it to the tunnel. Bend to fit and the shifter can be bolted to that.

BTW Thanks James :)
Nate, did you do yours yourself or ???? If you did, can you help me with mine. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, however... I'm not good with fabricating stuff. Let me know ok?

Tks,
Tim

·
Registered
998 Posts
hey i see most of you have done the headswap would any of you check out the thread i wrote and see if any of you can answer my ?s thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.