Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are sitting in the car, what are the 2 black sensors that are attached to the back of the passenger shock/ strut tower. They look as if they go to emmisions. I believe one goes to the back of the intake and connects to the intake vaccuum tree. If this helps, they have multi-colored wiring running from them. Basically, under what provisions can I get rid of them?

-B

·
Registered
752 Posts
Its the egr and another thing that connects to the egr =p

if you have egr and smog leave it alone if you dont u can take it off or ...atleast i did i get someones elses opinion too.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a smog pump....by egr, do you mean egr spacer. And do you have pics possibly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
lightemup306 said:
I dont have a smog pump....by egr, do you mean egr spacer. And do you have pics possibly.

its that big thing on the throttle body facing the back of the car. I have mine pluged up so i took the two things off and the vacumn lines goes to the 2 big cylinders and took those off in btw the inner fender and fender, but u dont have to do that i just had my inner fender off so i went ahead and threw them away.

·
Registered
752 Posts
unplug it and see how the car runs........if it runs same just trash the stuff ...if it runs different i would leave it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts