Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok trying to install an air fuel gauge in my 1989 mustang. Does anyone know what wire its that im supposted to hook it up to on the computer harness. also what color it should be thanks guys. by the way its an autometer.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Moving to General Tech... please keep Engine Tech, engine related.

SVT

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
did you not buy the guage new?

I know that AutoMeter and Autoguage have their instructions online if you have one of there guages.

·
Registered
12,836 Posts
Yep, check out their website, it's got all the info you need.

BTW, that guage will read all over the place without using a true wideband O2 sensor. Dont expect much from it other than a dancing light show...

·
Registered
40 Posts
it came with instructions to consult with someone on what wire it is it doesnt give specifics so if anyone has installed one just wondering how they hooked it up to the computer harness thats all thanks

·
Registered
12,836 Posts
You actually need to tap into one of the wires coming directly from the O2 sensor. Not sure which one, but the instructions should say if it is + or -. If not, I'd contact autometer directly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i know you can connect it to the computer harness so if anyone knows what wire i need to hook up to let me know 89 mustang auto

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Dark green/purple wire going to the 02 sensor.
I tapped into mine right where the harness goes by the passenger side caster camber plate.
(this is for my 89)
I found it by looking at my Chiltons book.
There should be a dark green/purple and a black going down to the 02 sensor.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I believe it is pin#43 in teh 60pin...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts