Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some tips on eliminating my Air conditioning. The easiest and fastest way. What to remove and how to run the belt and size of belt. Thanks for your help all of you camero eaters!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Get the march eliminator kit, have the system professionally deserviced (don't want he enviro nazi's at your door), Pull off the condensor, A/C motor, and Evap. There is a kit that repositions your P/S pump to a more vertical position. As for belt size, it is in on the package. I got mine through Summit and they knew what belt as well. Not that hard, condensor is the hardest part, as a matter of fact mine is still in, when I have to get the rad out, then I will pull it. As for the core inside the dash, I left that alone as well, just capped the ends. Makes a good deal of difference how the front end lifts as well.

Sure you aren't gonna miss it in Texas?

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Subscribing since i would like to take mine out to help cool my rad. I need something to cool down the motor and hoping with eliminating that it will do so.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Umm, the condenser isn't THAT hard, I just leaned the radiator and shroad forward (toward the engine), loosened the holding brakets up top, jacked the car up, unscrewed the 4 bolts that hold the bottom of the bumper (mine's an LX) and then I removed the brackets at the bottom of the condenser, and pulled it out (first, however, I cut the AC condenser linves, and removed the bracket that holds them, for this, you can try to raise it up a little, it worked for me) feel free to ask any questions :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts