Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for your help and advice for the 289 build up, For putting up me. But it's become more of a aggravation than a enjoyment. So I've decided to aboard the project.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You took what is an incredibly simple build and made it difficult, for some reason. Ring size is the last thing you need to be concerned with for example.

Cheapest piston
E street head
Cam
Any dual plane
600 holley
Done
That's all I really need. I'm just wanting to have a little fun.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You took what is an incredibly simple build and made it difficult, for some reason. Ring size is the last thing you need to be concerned with for example.

Cheapest piston
E street head
Cam
Any dual plane
600 holley
Done
Written by this guy ^^^^^^. Bare bones basic. Run GT40 or GT40P heads and enjoy. No magic. 300 or so hp.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Build a similar engine in a roller cam 302 block. Find a roller cam with similar specs to the listed flat tappet cam (stock HO EFI cam is not too far off). Build for 9.5:1 or so. Factory like reliability. Simple.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Build a similar engine in a roller cam 302 block. Find a roller cam with similar specs to the listed flat tappet cam (stock HO EFI cam is not too far off). Build for 9.5:1 or so. Factory like reliability. Simple.
Yup. I'm back on track and I owe to you all.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Written by this guy ^^^^^^. Bare bones basic. Run GT40 or GT40P heads and enjoy. No magic. 300 or so hp.

I looked for the part number for those kb pistons in the article, by chance do you know the part number for those? I found a lot of kb pistons, but not those.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Doesn’t matter if you can’t get those exact pistons. Sealed Power makes something similar.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
The pistons in the picture are Sealed Power even though the article says Keith Black hypers. No PN but look like they are around 5cc so shoot for that.

I am sure this will be controversial, but these are probably close enough for such a low tech build.

Personally I'd run the DSS E-series forged pistons. They'd work just fine. I'm not a hyper piston person.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just make a decision, and run with it ffs. If you keep changing your mind every 5 minutes it will never get done. It's not that hard.

·
USAF retired
9,307 Posts
Paralysis by analysis

·
Registered
903 Posts
You think you're aggravated? I think you've started at least 4 threads on intake manifolds for your build that you now might be abandoning. Thread after useless thread after useless thread after useless post after useless post. Why are you doing this, is it funny to you?

How ironic that you would say shame on another member, the shame is ALL YOURS!

I've never before used the ignore feature on this site, in your case I have to make an exception. Please stop destroying this site!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The pistons in the picture are Sealed Power even though the article says Keith Black hypers. No PN but look like they are around 5cc so shoot for that.

I am sure this will be controversial, but these are probably close enough for such a low tech build.

Personally I'd run the DSS E-series forged pistons. They'd work just fine. I'm not a hyper piston person.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts