Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever put a grant gt or momo steering wheel in the 94 and later car?...

I would like to see pics and a parts list of what I would need to do it

·
Registered
18 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THE AIRBAG?????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will look good on the shelf in the garage...

my car sees limited limited street driving..plus the air bag system is messed up anyway

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried to find this out before aND HAD NO SUCCESS. I talked directly to Grant and they said it is impossible. i believe they are worried about someone removing the airbags , getting killed and then their family suing them. My air bags popped when my car was introduced to a lightpole. I took the whole assembly apart urathaned the airbag cover from behind and then from the front used a leather repair glue to fill the cracks and then painted it. When putting it back together I filled it with foam insulation from home depot and it is back on the car looking original.My car is used only at "the track", wink wink ,and I didn't want to risk setting the airbags off again in any mishappenengs:evil:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have a grant rim on my 94 gt. the airbags blew up so, i just went to the local pepboys and bought a 87-90 adaptor and modified it to work.
you just have to clearance a few things and your in business. looks awesome, i got the monte carlo style rim and modified it a little.
A few months ago i installed a removable steering hub and locking plate from grant. That was a pain to install, but i got it working..except i had to ditch the horn. NO biggie, i just installed a push button swithc.
I could have made the factory horn work, but that would have taked a few more hours. Plus i like this look better.
i will makes some pics if you want them.
- one of the best mods i ve done to the car, and that says alot! ! !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dude when you get the pics, let me kno yeah? That'd be sweet. Thanks man.

·
Registered
134 Posts
who needs airbags more chance of them hurting you, just get yourself a rollcage and nice 5way belts, and youll be safer then with airbags.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
http://hometown.aol.com/n8te12/page1.html scroll to the bottom of the page.

you have to modify the factory horn assemble, but its simple. all you do is grind it till it doesnt bind. Also, you need to flip the hub adaptor. took me about 6 hours to install. its tedious, but straight forward.

the removable hub is another story. that took me 6 hours too. worth it though. no one can steal the car. You might be able to make it work so taht the horn is on the rim, but..i dont care.
i dont use my horn that much anyway. i use the finger!

if you are in los angeles area, let me know..i cant help you out
-nate

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
looks better in person. i should have got the momo suede steering wheel though. looks the same, buts its suede. looks higher class.
anything is better than stock though !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how heavy was the stock steering wheel compared to the grant?
do you know

thanks for the info I will be definitely be trying it out very soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts