Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cowl hood that fits like factory. I don't want to spend any time making it fit. So my question is do they exist?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
IF you can find a Boss Inc hood, that’s what you want. Fit and finish on my car is dead on.
Since you probably won’t find one, I hear a lot of positive reviews on Cervini’s products. As stated, you 100% get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have a Cervini's for my '93 that is about as close to perfect as you can get. I had a 2000 Mustang that I put a Steeda hood on and it was about as close to factory fit as you could get too. Based on my own personal experience I would go with either of those.

As said above, you get what you pay for in 'glass hoods/panels. You can save a ton upfront and spent a ton fixing it later or spend upfront and spend a lot lot less getting it on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Price is no problem. I just don't want to ship it back if it fit like Sh##.
IMO, Cervinis would be your best bet, by far, if you cannot find a Boss. they sold the business. Too bad...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've had 4 Cervini Hoods. All fit near perfect.
I would strongly recommend hood pins/latches with any aftermarket fiberglass hood.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have a Cervini Cobra R hood. It's very nice but it needed a bit of swimming at the hood latch mounts. With the variance in cars; the fender gaps are hard to get perfect. The truth is that most would never notice.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
P.S. Fiber Trends is the outfit in Ohio. I was told that they manufactured the original Cobra R hoods?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I really liked the fit and finish of my Kaenen.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have bought 2 hoods personally from Dave Lanman at 5.0 Fibertrends. Nothing wrong with his stuff, and look great on my black car.You are right he did manufacture the Cobra R stuff for Ford. I run one off his glass trunk lids on my coupe as well. Complete with a power lock and lighting.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have bought 2 hoods personally from Dave Lanman at 5.0 Fibertrends. Nothing wrong with his stuff, and look great on my black car.You are right he did manufacture the Cobra R stuff for Ford. I run one off his glass trunk lids on my coupe as well. Complete with a power lock and lighting.
It turns out that my hood is a HO Fibertrends and not a Cervini. It's definitely a quality piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
@;

Cincinnati composites
Speed zone
Champion

These are the ones from Ohio.

H.O. Fibertrends makes decent stuff.
HO Fibertrends makes more than "Decent" stuff. They made the original Cobra R hood for Ford. I think that qualifies as better than decent.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Sounds like OP certainly has some trustworthy options then. Stick with any of the above mentioned company’s and sounds like you’ll be happy.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
HO Fibertrends makes more than "Decent" stuff. They made the original Cobra R hood for Ford. I think that qualifies as better than decent.
I didn't mean to make them sound, "only decent"(if that's the way it came off) I haven't had any person experience with them. But yes I know they are good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts