Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use an aftermarket head unit on the mach 460 so that all the amps and speakers will still work?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
97MGT said:
I have an aftermarket head unit... I assume mine still do. :???:
All 8 of your speakers still work? Do I have to get a different harness for the back? Also, how does it sound?

·
Registered
852 Posts
yeah all 8 speakers work. you can go to circuit city and buy a harness. They usually keep em in stock.
I just bought a component system so the sound quality will be ridiculously better.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
the harness will be different. You have to get teh harness adapter for the 460 system. then yru amps and all 8 speakers will still work.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just told my circuit city that I would have to rewire the hole system. Is that the truth?

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
As far as I know they don't make an adaptor specifically for the 01+, but things could have changed since I looked last. I would imagine you could rig something up though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some people are saying yes, some are saying no. I need a final answer. lol, I would like to use my pioneer deck without rewiring the whole system

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes you can. I had a p940-mp Premier Deck hooked up to my mach 460 system in my 2000 vert and it sounded great. The only issue was that the deck sent a signal to the amps before they powered on so for a split second there was a high screeching noise everytime I turned on the system. I had my car at AVU for 2 weeks for them to try and get rid of that screech but they said the only way was to remove the factory amps and install aftermarket one to run the midrange. I don't know what harness they used but when I ended up taking out the deck once I wrote off the car I remember seeing a lot of splicing so i am not sure what AVU had to do to get it working.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, well thanks a lot. I just ended up using a line out convertor for now and running it off the factory deck. Atleast I'll have some bass.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Krazy_Stang said:
Yes you can. I had a p940-mp Premier Deck hooked up to my mach 460 system in my 2000 vert and it sounded great. The only issue was that the deck sent a signal to the amps before they powered on so for a split second there was a high screeching noise everytime I turned on the system. I had my car at AVU for 2 weeks for them to try and get rid of that screech but they said the only way was to remove the factory amps and install aftermarket one to run the midrange. I don't know what harness they used but when I ended up taking out the deck once I wrote off the car I remember seeing a lot of splicing so i am not sure what AVU had to do to get it working.
It wont work for an 01+ like it works for years 00 and below. Our 01+ cars use the double din radio which houses the tweeter amps. The pre 01 cars have the seperated radio dash with the tweeter amp separate from the head unit.

So if you remove your 01+ mach radio, you also remove your tweeter amp with it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I just used a line out converter which taps into the data cable in the back under the amps and it actually sounds pretty good. I have 2 12's but I've only got one in there right now until I get some more supplies. But I don't have to worry about voices coming out of the sub because I have a MTX crossover hooked up to it. So, other than not being able to use the Pioneer 9300 I'm happy with it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
827 Posts
How did you tap into the data cable and get it to work? I am in the process now, and I am having difficulty. I am getting NO SOUND at all out of my sub, and yes, I did follow the Mustangworld article. The other question I have is where did you connect your remote wire for the amp to power it?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
~Darren

1 - 15 of 15 Posts