Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a company that is willing to created aftermarket valve covers for the 4.6 (99-up 2v for starters, I have been told the 96-98 2v covers are different and am trying to confirm this).

They will be cast aluminum, and will be identical to stock, minus the ribs in the top - this area will be smooth.

The casting will be smooth - and can easily be buffed/polished if you want. Additionally, logos, names, etc can be ball milled in the top for an additional charge.

The company needs a confirmed 10 people in order to start the ball rolling on the kit. These 10 people will receive a discount for their assistance. Once we get enough people, lead time will be approximately 45 days.

Please EMAIL ME PRIVATELY for the discounted price, and for the deposit requirements. This is a great opportunity to get in at the beginning! Please put "2v valve covers" as the subject so I can sort the emails appropriately.

Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Response so far has been great, and it's half way there...if anyone else is interested please feel free to email me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
'96-98 & '01-'02 use one style of valve covers with the oil filler on the driver's side.

'99-'00 use the truck style valve covers that have the oil filler on the passenger side.

They are not interchangeable between the two styles.

You are getting the '99-'00 style made up I take it?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the first batch will be '99-up. If there is enough interest, they will make 96-98. General consensus is the covers are identical except for the oil fill and the bolt pattern so it shouldn't be too difficult to make the older covers.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think referring to them as '99-up could cause confusion to someone with a an '01 or '02 who would end up buying the wrong valve cover.

·
Registered
238 Posts
NiagaraGlenn said:
'96-98 & '01-'02 use one style of valve covers with the oil filler on the driver's side.

'99-'00 use the truck style valve covers that have the oil filler on the passenger side.

I've also seen 01 cars which are Romeo headed(so the early style bolt pattern) that have a pass side oil fill like the Windsors. Not that it would really matter if the oil fill moved.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
the 99-00 covers are for windsor heads and have a different bolt pattern than the romeo 96-98 and 01-03 models...they are not interchangeable. if this person is making valve covers for our cars, wouldnt it make more sense to make them for romeo headed cars first since there are more of them out there? just my .02....

·
Registered
190 Posts
How easily one forgets that those of us with the 96-98 cars are considered the "bastard children" of Mustangs!!!! No one wants to make anything for us!?!?!?

:confused:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok....everyone breathe :)

The data received to date was that 96-98 was different than 99-03.

Obviously they will verify all of this before hand.

The original belief was that 99-up was the same, and 96-98 was different. The reason they were starting with 99-up is ($1 to Raven) because I have a '00.

They can all be made.....it's not a problem, however there would of course have to be some interest.

While the bolt patter is different, besides the oil fill, no one has stated (or shown) any other differences. If that is the ONLY thing, than that is simply fixed by making a generic mold and making the holes separately on a jig....simple fix.

To make it easier.....

Retail is going to be $299.95+s/h, $50 off to the first 10 people who are willing to help. Just post here if you are 100% interested (no maybe's or have to see if I get a check in time please). There are like 5 or 6 people confirmed now I believe.

It's very simple....just trying to help a company, and help us get valve covers without spending $1300.

·
Registered
39 Posts
NiagaraGlenn said:

I have an '01 and the oil filler is on the passenger side.:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would ask them to also cut the truck style fill tube down a bit to help on custom air intake fittment issues like I had or install it on the drivers side. It's not just the bolt pattern that is different it's the different number of em. (10 vs. 14 )

-Scott

'94 Cougar
346rwhp
348rwtq

·
Registered
705 Posts
what about.....

having the oil fill tube on the driver side cover regardless of year and stlye or what not. Some of guys have some crazy setups that really doesnt allow a passenger sider filler, but we've "made it work", just thought, then I'd be interested...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Charles,

That is the direction it's heading...simply because it will make it easier and there aren't nearly as many interference points on the drivers side. And yes, it will most likely be a bit smaller in height.

I spoke with the shop owner tonight and he agreed that the bolt holes are irrelevant, and can easily be rectified.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
573 Posts
96-98 romeo motors(oil filler on driver side)

99-00windsor motors(oil filler on pass. side)

01-02Romeo motors( oil filler on driver side)

this is why the headswap on 96-98 cars can be cheaper by not having to buy valve covers( if you buy 01 heads.) they use the same valve covers and the same front covers(romeos).

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Someone out there must be listening to my prayers. Dear car god please deliver to me a pair of 96-98 Mustang valve covers with a driver side oil filler made from beautiful aluminum so I may polishe them and soon!! Im in for sure, please please please please do a set for 96!!!!!!!:angel: :drool: :joy: :blam:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.