Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend looking at getting afr 165's for his 302...heads will be on 302 w/trick flow intake and crane cam 2031. give me some personal input.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
He will be very satisfied with the AFR's, they are a GREAT head.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is a very sound setup he should be making at least 330rwhp with that setup if not more. The trickflow intake is great and the only intake that is affordable that will handle the flow of the afr heads. I know alot of people say the Edelbrock performers are great and all but they only flow 200cfm and that is not enought to hanle much of anything except gt40's.

·
Registered
759 Posts
alienninja said:
That is a very sound setup he should be making at least 330rwhp with that setup if not more.
That would be alot. We would really need to know the rest of the cars set up to get am idea of the RWHP. 330 RWHP with what is listed will not happen.

·
Registered
759 Posts
:lol: :eek:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
alienninja said:
The trickflow intake is great and the only intake that is affordable that will handle the flow of the afr heads.
Im gonna disagree with that....The Systemax outflows the TFS-R. and is affordabe. Also the SYstemax looks better than the TF (IMO)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but TFS makes 3 intakes... a street, track heat, and a R.

I dont think an R intake on a street driven 302 would be ideal. Just because it flows more doesnt mean it makes the same velocity and torque.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Subscribing, looking at the same set up except I will stay with the stock Cobra Intake.

·
Registered
444 Posts
AFR's are great on our cars. I like mine, now I just need to learn how to drive it...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm looking to do some of the same stuff in the next couple months, can anyone tell me the difference between AFR's 165 & 185 heads? And what about Competition Cams?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
thanks for correction Dave. wouldn't most people though prefer AFR 165s with an intake producing more torque? I cant imagine the track heat intake sacrificing that much hp.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thanks Dave, would you have the same opinion if it was stroked to a 331?

What number for the comp cam would you recommend for a car that is a daily driver? I'm really not interested in drag racing, really more into twisties and freeway onramps.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts