Ford Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,060 Posts
The trick flow hi port was patented
What's comical is guys worry about the patent. Meanwhile go look who bought Bridgeport (Hardinge) who then expanded in China and Taiwan with a HUGE factory in China.

All it takes is one Chinese dude to sneak out the files from the CNC machines and voila, the ability to make it elsewhere is out in the open.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My new AFR 185 Enforcers arrived yesterday for my 2700 lb auto-x car and I am as giddy as a school girl. Yes, I made a price-point decision when purchasing because I have a ton of other **** I have to buy and I was hoping for a budget rebuild and that has since ballooned. If anyone is curious, and yes I know some of you will **** on this build combo, here is what I am going to do with the heads (I've posted bits of this in other threads). Constructive input appreciated but some parts are already purchased (bold means I own it or have ordered). Yes, we've discussed the cam and valve springs in another thread. Yes, I will post a dyno sheet once it is running.

'89 block bored 30 over, Eagle 0 oz crank, SFI-rated 0 oz balancer, 0 oz AL flywheel, AL driveshaft, 3.55s (will review gearing, power band, and tire height after dyno session), Scat pro series I-beam rods, +8mm domed pistons with 1.5/1.5/3.0 ring package, XE274HR cam, Ford racing lifters, pushrods (length tbd), 1.6 roller rockers, 70mm throttle body (will probably upgrade to 75mm but low priority), Track Heat intake with phenolic spacer, AFR 185 Enforcers with 7/16" studs (8017 valve springs), 1 3/4 " shorty headers and 2.5" cat-less h-pipe. EFI will be Terminator X with 24 lb injectors (suspect I may need 30s) running 93 Octane.

My question is: is there any sort of basic polishing work I should do to the heads' runners or bowls, that I can't **** up, before assembly that would really be worth anything?

Question: intake gasket 1262, correct?

Special thanks to Mr. Mark O'Neal who took time out of his day this past weekend to talk to me about rods, pistons, etc.!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I'd give the cam choice a second look see. For auto-X it seems that might not be the best choice. I don't auto-X but don't you spent considerable time in the lower rpm's powering out of turns? RPM's that are relatively low? For not much (if any) more money you can get a cam designed for your intended usage that makes power where you will need/use it.

·
Old timer
6,411 Posts
Once again - low price mandate bites ya.

AFR 8017 springs and XE camshaft - 🤮

Track Heat "and" a spacer? 😨

1-3/4" shorty headers. 🥺

"Polishing?" Is this 1960 with ported and relieved Ford flat heads? 🤬

* Beach Boys music playing in the background.... *

Reactions: superirish

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
It's down below like in a lawn mower engine.

Reactions: Stangdawg

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Old timer
6,411 Posts
Chamber wars? :LOL:

This is the Twisted Wedge chamber that is well proven... ;)

·
Old timer
6,411 Posts
LS3 chamber from LXR/MAST after a little "tweaking".

·
Old timer
6,411 Posts
LS7 chamber...

81 - 100 of 103 Posts