Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best price and place to buy a set of 16? Maybe the gurus will chime in. What Is a Equivalent spring that I could use with the same diameters as the factory 8017 spring that would be sufficient for the comp 35-522-8 cam

·
Old timer
5,805 Posts
Got them in stock.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious, is there another spring similar that will fit those heads and also handle that cam or is the 8019 my only option?

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Just curious, is there another spring similar that will fit those heads and also handle that cam or is the 8019 my only option?
This is code for "is there a cheaper spring that will do the same job..."

·
Registered
910 Posts
Maybe, but there are a good bit of spring choices for that head. Maybe there’s a better choice for the same amount of money the op doesn’t know about.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not necessarily. I don't mind spending the money and Woody has taken care of me on springs but I was just looking for alternative options. Why spend $300 on a set of springs from AFR when there springs are made by PAC and they may sell it direct for $200. Same spring, save $100....I wa just trying to learn a thing or 2 for future reference

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I just spent $650+ for springs for my AFR 220 Renegade heads. $300 is a pipe dream for me. Lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just spent $650+ for springs for my AFR 220 Renegade heads. $300 is a pipe dream for me. Lol
Wow...yea that's alot for springs but they are required. I've always been one to not neccesarily buy the cheapest part bc you get what you pay for but I try to find the best part for the best price that suits my needs. Like you paying $650, I would have shopped around to see if I found that same part cheaper or a equivalent spring for cheaper. That's just how I am lol. I build on a budget but I'll spend the money if there is no other option

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Like you paying $650, I would have shopped around to see if I found that same part cheaper or a equivalent spring for cheaper. That's just how I am lol. I build on a budget but I'll spend the money if there is no other option
There is a reason they cost that much. I would not drop that kind of coin on springs if it was not necessary...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts