Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been searching for an aftermarket hood for my Foxbody, but all of the hoods I seem to find are around the $500 mark. So my question is, is there somewhere I could get a cheap good quality hood for my car (new or used), I'm looking for a cowl or a cobra r hood. I'm really looking to spend at most $250. I have found a few on craigslist used but they are too far away and I'm just getting tired of searching craigslist everyday to see if a new listing pops up, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hi I've been searching for an aftermarket hood for my Foxbody, but all of the hoods I seem to find are around the $500 mark. So my question is, is there somewhere I could get a cheap good quality hood for my car (new or used), I'm looking for a cowl or a cobra r hood. I'm really looking to spend at most $250. I have found a few on craigslist used but they are too far away and I'm just getting tired of searching craigslist everyday to see if a new listing pops up, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
I doubt you find one anywhere new that isn't total junk for $250. Also, shipping is usually pretty high because they are such big parts. I bought my H.O. Fibertrends hood on a 20% off sale and still came in around $500 after shipping it.

Keep searching locally. It saves money to find local used stuff, but the trade off is that it is a PITA.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I doubt you find one anywhere new that isn't total junk for $250. Also, shipping is usually pretty high because they are such big parts. I bought my H.O. Fibertrends hood on a 20% off sale and still came in around $500 after shipping it.

Keep searching locally. It saves money to find local used stuff, but the trade off is that it is a PITA.
Only other option would be swap meets or NMRA events....sometimes you can find quality hoods cheap...good luck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not sure if they have the style that you're looking for, but the cheapest, best fitting hoods I've seen out of the box have been from Boss Inc. Look them up on e-bay, they are around the same price shipped as some are before shipping. The cowl hood on my '86 coupe is bolted on as it came out of the box... bolt on and go... no sanding, shaping, etc, and it is smooth finished on the under side... I believe it was $425 delivered to a bus terminal near my house.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I searched craigslist for months and finally scored a Design Concepts Cobra rr svo hood for $200. Champion Hoods makes it to races around here so if you can make FFW at Rockingham they sell the hoods there for $265 new.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I searched craigslist for months and finally scored a Design Concepts Cobra rr svo hood for $200. Champion Hoods makes it to races around here so if you can make FFW at Rockingham they sell the hoods there for $265 new.
^^^This^^^

May 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
My Boss INC hood hit better than any hood I have ever had and was $375 shipped to the nearest bus terminal to me.Their hoods are Gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts

x3. I have one on my '85 Coupe (champion). Cheap, and flimsy, but as was mentioned previously, you get what you pay for. I just needed a hood and didn't care about how flimsy it is as long as it covered the engine bay. Going down track the hood is all over the place flopping in the wind. It's real flimsy. Fits decent. Just cheap. Got mine at FFW Millington (Memphis) last year, $250 cash.

·
Banned
25,617 Posts

thanks
you should be trying to find the most expensive NOT affordable.

you need min $500 hood, plus shipping, plus prep and paint,,,,$$$$

start saving.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hood from boss.inc.

I'm not sure if they have the style that you're looking for, but the cheapest, best fitting hoods I've seen out of the box have been from Boss Inc. Look them up on e-bay, they are around the same price shipped as some are before shipping. The cowl hood on my '86 coupe is bolted on as it came out of the box... bolt on and go... no sanding, shaping, etc, and it is smooth finished on the under side... I believe it was $425 delivered to a bus terminal near my house.
Yes a very nice hood. But if your running a 351w with a big TFS R box bread box it won't fit... Have one for sale lol.... :leghump:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.