Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Aerostar axles will work for 5 lug swap?

Is the rear end in those the same as the Ranger?

:confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
One of the axles will work, it is the opposite of hte Ranger axle side. I forget which side that is. I thinkit is the shorter of the two though.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Driver's side ranger, pass side aerostar

BTW...7.5" on the ranger...not the 8.8

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mustang5L5 said:
Driver's side ranger, pass side aerostar

BTW...7.5" on the ranger...not the 8.8
:confused: again. What Rangers have the 7.5" rear end? And, are there any specific year Rangers and Aerostars I need to be looking at?

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
don't quote me on this..... but if you are looking at the ranger. you don't want a v-6 you want a 4 cylinder because the V-6's have a larger 9 inch drum brake setup, while the 4 cylinders have the normal sized one.

by the way I'm coming up to Sandusky in 2 weeks.. I'll have to see if there is as many mullets up there as you say there are...

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
MYLITTLEHO said:
don't quote me on this..... but if you are looking at the ranger. you don't want a v-6 you want a 4 cylinder because the V-6's have a larger 9 inch drum brake setup, while the 4 cylinders have the normal sized one.
Actually, it's a little different. You don't want the ranger with the 4.0L V6 because it comes with an 8.8 rear and 10-inch drums. You want the 4-banger rangers that come with 7.5" rear ends and 9-inch drums.

Since the 4.0 was an option...most rangers will be the 4-bangers and have the 7.5"

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Oops... my nasty! I just knew the V-6 drums were too big.. thats all i could remember...

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
If you ever want to upgrade your 9" drums to 10" drums, the V6 drums will bolt right in!

But then again, if you are gonna go through that much trouble, swap some 11.35" LSC disks on instead....way better!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts