135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who use it? how well does it work?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
loi said:
who use it? how well does it work?
I run the Stefs breather tank and it works great..only reason I went to it was the swap to my fabbed alum valve covers, I have a -10an fitting on it and I run braided hose to the tank. From what I have been told by a race car builder the can needs to be mounted higher then the valve cover (the fitting has to be higher so it doesn't pull oil) and on the firewall or towards the rear of the motor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a pic of the stefs breather tank? do you know if they have a website? I may need to drill a hole on my valve cover.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
loi said:
do you have a pic of the stefs breather tank? do you know if they have a website? I may need to drill a hole on my valve cover.
Or, you can come out of the PCV grommet to the breather tank....like this.

It's the fatter of the 3 lines against the firewall. Breather tank in mounted on the back of the shock tower.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rick, the link work, but your pic didn't,

john, i have a victor 5.0 it doesn't have the PCV grommet in the back. is there another way around it? or I have to drill a hole on my vavle cover?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
john, i have a victor 5.0 it doesn't have the PCV grommet in the back. is there another way around it? or I have to drill a hole on my vavle cover?
Yep, I think the easiest way would be from the valve cover. I would think that would be just as effective.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
john, ordered from jegs, can you tell me what kind of fitting i need? i second day air it here, i want to get all the fitting before friday. thanks.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You will probably want an AN -10 right angle bulkhead fitting and mounting nut. Probably could have gotten that from Jeg's also. A straight bulkhead fitting would probably work also, just a question of how you want to route the line and how it will look. You will need to cut some of the fitting off (the end that sticks into the valve cover) so you get clearance for the rockers. All you need inside the cover is enough thread for the mounting nut. You would also want to use some thread lock on the nut.

Another way to go is to buy a valve cover breather that has a bung on it for attaching some large diameter hose. These type's of valve cover breathers are usually used with exhaust collector type breathers but could be used with what you want to do also. They are available from Jeg's and Summit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
john, do you mean AN-12 fitting reduce to AN-10? the tank itself come with AN-12?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You could use either -12 or -10 line, your choice because either will work. You just need to decide on which size line to go with. Just because the tank comes with -12 thread doesn't mean you need to stick with that size line. There are union reducer fittings that will have -12 on one side and other sizes on the other, like -10 or even -8. Get what I'm saying?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got it thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts