Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting together my fuel system .i am going to sump a tank i have an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump getting the fuel lines from work (for free) but i think i messed up i got -8 to run from the fuel pump to the regulator will this be ok or should i get -10 like i see a lot of guys are doing . i am going to put a 347 in the car with this fuel system it will be on NOS but that will have its own fuel system just need to know if the -8 will work

·
Registered
870 Posts
-8 will be ok. i have never seen anyone have to replace the -8 for -10. you would have to upwards around 1000 hp probably for it to matter. i just did mine this way because it was only $15 more for the hose. things you do want is a -10 from tank to pump. mount the pump on the front cover of gas tank (behind diff cover) so it is in the lowest spot. it is also better to run a y block in the engine compartment and feed into the back of each rail and come out the front with 2 lines to the reg. i recommend the pro m rails for this. this parallel setup gives twice the flow capacity of the series plumbing, reduces the velocity of fuel which if too high will cause flow disturbance in the rails, and this gives you the best cylinder to cylinder distribution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts