Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 340lph in-tank pump assembly for my 363 stroker GT hatch, anyone know what fittings I should use to connect on top of the hat to connect the lines? Aeromotive recommends a pair but with the Fox’s limited amount of space above the tank, Im thinking it will be too tall. Links and pictures if any, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought a 340lph in-tank pump assembly for my 363 stroker GT hatch, anyone know what fittings I should use to connect on top of the hat to connect the lines? Aeromotive recommends a pair but with the Fox’s limited amount of space above the tank, Im thinking it will be too tall. Links and pictures if any, would be appreciated.
I have this, hope it helps. It is just two AN 90 swivel orbs with 2 AN straight fittings. But I have -6an lines from front to back.....not sure if your setup is stock?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this, hope it helps. It is just two AN 90 swivel orbs with 2 AN straight fittings. But I have -6an lines from front to back.....not sure if your setup is stock?
Actually yeah, thats exactly what I needed, thanks! Do you have the part number for the 90 degree fittings? They look like these: Direct Port - Aeromotive, Inc
My whole fuel system right now is completely stock besides a blown Walbro 190Lph

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe that is it, FYI I bought my whole kit from Anderson and it came with fittings, they use Fore fittings but here is an Earl's for comparison. Essentially you just want to make sure you have the o-ring and the -6an straight that goes into the pump, I am almost 100% sure it is -6an.

·
Registered
200 Posts
FYI since I didn't even know what the heck ORB stood for lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI since I didn't even know what the heck ORB stood for lol.

I think I just found the kit you bought on Andersons website, looks like what I originally shouldve bought, now Im stuck piecing it all together 1 by 1

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yea, I have nothing but great things to say about Anderson, Donny B is always there to help, great guys! See if you can return what you have and get their kit? Just FYI in case you need them, here are the pics of the rest of my install. If you even need any help just PM me. Please forgive the dust and dipstick tube across the intake 😬

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yea, I have nothing but great things to say about Anderson, Donny B is always there to help, great guys! See if you can return what you have and get their kit? Just FYI in case you need them, here are the pics of the rest of my install. If you even need any help just PM me.
Just out of curiosity how much HP is your system capable of supporting? Thanks for posting these pictures.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No problem, I would love to answer any questions. This is what Anderson advertises:

Level 1 Kit can handle 600+ RWHP with forced induction on pump gas

(HP level may vary based on fuel injector size and fuel type being used)

I am waiting on my Term X system. I have a FordStrokers 363 (also cannot say enough good things about them) a Vortech V-3 Si, Tremec TKX and a 9 inch. I think at this point the weak link will be the trans (i think its limit is 600 lb ft), I am sure the 9 inch and block can handle more but my target for this setup is ~650 RWHP. FYI, this is all for pump gas, I did not want to go the e85 route. Once that Term X comes in and I get it tuned on the dyno I will be sure to post up results.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Interested in the tkx trans. Where did u get it from? And what gear set did u go with?.

Pretty much doing the same combo as u. Surprised a 340 pump can support that hp. Did not think it had enough volume. Got my set up through Glenn's fuel system. Great person to deal with.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yea, I have nothing but great things to say about Anderson, Donny B is always there to help, great guys! See if you can return what you have and get their kit? Just FYI in case you need them, here are the pics of the rest of my install. If you even need any help just PM me. Please forgive the dust and dipstick tube across the intake
What valve covers are those?

Interested in the tkx trans. Where did u get it from? And what gear set did u go with?.

Pretty much doing the same combo as u. Surprised a 340 pump can support that hp. Did not think it had enough volume. Got my set up through Glenn's fuel system. Great person to deal with.
He will find out quickly if the pump isn't enough

·
Registered
200 Posts

I bought the TKX from Hanlon Motorsports, they set me up with the trans, QT bell, clutch, flywheel, x-member and hardware. They are a great business, easy to get a hold of, they take the time to talk to me answer questions, very supportive people. From my invoice: Tremec TKX 2.87 1.89 1.28 1.00 0.68

As far as the fuel system, Donny from Anderson is an expert with this stuff he has been in the game a while. I used to do tuning for a living (mechanical engineer) so I can double check things when I need to but overall I would never question the guys from Anderson they also are a pleasure to deal with.

Keep in touch with me if you are running a similar setup, would love to talk and do some compares and just chat...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Valve covers are also Anderson units, custom design. I was told they sold out of them but new ones are in the works so I would check their website in the future as they will be releasing them soon. The ones I have fit great and they also have the AN fittings incorporated in them so I can run a catch can setup since I am blown.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.