Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of gains you can get from getting a custom chip burned for a nitrous car, as well as the price range.

I have had the car dyno tuned for the A/F but am now hearing more about chips. Any advice or info you have would be great because I'm not too familiar with them. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
The biggest gain will be not having to re-tune the car or make adjustments to get it to run the best on motor AND on the spray, since it never runs the best between the two on the same setup.

As far as actual increase in power, IMHO, the heads and cam you have are probably restricting any further drastic improvements unless you just keep upping the shot. Not knocking it, just my experiences talking. A good tuner might be able to net you a modest 20/20 gain in a side by side comparison with the same hp shot on each pull.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea understandable. I know the heads/cam are restrictive, I was just checking into a tune and how I could benefit from it now. But I guess I'd be better off saving up for some heads rather than getting the tune now. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
Good luck in your quest. I believe you are headed in the right direction. After cylinder heads, I would be 100% behind you on getting the tune at that point. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts