Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dean Scheidt
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the old Corral format, I used to use the "Advanced Search" function to located threads I had posted in. I would put my user name in the user name field and simply hit search. It would then list all of the threads I had posted in and the ones with the most recent activity would be listed first then go in decending chronological order. The results didn't sort by my most recent post but by the most recent post by anyone. With this new format, where and how do I search to get those results back?

Thank you,
Dean

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am intrested in the same thing. It appears as if most of the info prior to the new format is gone. But any new post since the update will show up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
850 Posts
How To Find Your Content
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “my profile”.

Click on the number below discussions.

You can also click your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select following.

On the following page, click on My Discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
The Advanced Search results seem to be missing coverage of big chunks of time. For example, below my name it shows I have 4183 posts; if I hover over my avatar it shows I have 4134 replies and 98 discussions.

If I use Advanced Search to search for posts by myself with the results sorted by date, the search results show 494 posts, which only go back to early 2012. (Note my actual join date.) Not only are ~3600 posts not shows in the results, but even in the time period shown (from now back to February 2012) there are huge gaps in coverage. In the first page of results I see 10 posts in the past month - that's probably about right - then a gap back to a single post in September 2017, then another gap back to March 2014. The remaining 24 pages of results cover March 2014 - February 2012.

So, with the exception of the single post shown from 9/2017, the results don't show anything for April 2014 - September 2019. That's not good!

And it's not just me. Tmoss posted the same problem here in the "This new format" thread.

·
Administrator
850 Posts
The Advanced Search results seem to be missing coverage of big chunks of time. For example, below my name it shows I have 4183 posts; if I hover over my avatar it shows I have 4134 replies and 98 discussions.

If I use Advanced Search to search for posts by myself with the results sorted by date, the search results show 494 posts, which only go back to early 2012. (Note my actual join date.) Not only are ~3600 posts not shows in the results, but even in the time period shown (from now back to February 2012) there are huge gaps in coverage. In the first page of results I see 10 posts in the past month - that's probably about right - then a gap back to a single post in September 2017, then another gap back to March 2014. The remaining 24 pages of results cover March 2014 - February 2012.

So, with the exception of the single post shown from 9/2017, the results don't show anything for April 2014 - September 2019. That's not good!

And it's not just me. Tmoss posted the same problem here in the "This new format" thread.
Hey there, this is a function of searches only loading a specific number or results. For clarification only ~100 results will populate any search query, this is to not say these posts don't load, but they just don't probe that deep. We are working on rolling out a function to more than double this in the coming weeks, and perhaps expanding this further in the future. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Hey there, this is a function of searches only loading a specific number or results. For clarification only ~100 results will populate any search query, this is to not say these posts don't load, but they just don't probe that deep.
You seem to have completely missed the point of my post. First off, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to explain, but I see up to ~500 results when I do a search.

More importantly, the number of results I'm seeing is not the issue that I reported. The issue is that the search results don't return anything from March 2014 up to about a month ago.
  • For instance, do an Advanced Search for the word "struts" in the General Mustang Tech forum, with results sorted by date. You will see 3 posts in the past month, and then the next result shown is in March 2014.
  • Do the same search with "wheels", you will see 5 posts in the past month, and then the next result shown is in March 2014.
Those are two very, very common words on an automotive forum, I guarantee you that those words were used plenty of times in the General Mustang Tech forum between March 2014 and today, but nothing shows up during that time period.
- Scroll through various threads and find users who joined after March 2014, hover over their avatar, then click on the number under "Replies". The only results you'll see are any posts they've made in the last month or so - anything before that does not show up. User SilverGT1 - joined July 7, 2017; has 177 posts; search results show 7 posts from the last 19 days and nothing else. User tjm73 - joined December 7, 2015; has 2153 posts; search results show 22 posts from the last 22 days and nothing else.

The search database has a 5-1/2 year gap in reported results, from March 2014 to about a month ago.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
How that search indexing fix coming along? I don't see any improvement.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally found exactly what I was looking for. This new format along with the new terms had me confused (actually I'm still learning). What I wanted is now called "Participated Discussions" within the "Following" category. The administrator's post above showed it to me but I didn't know what participated discussion meant until I clicked on it a few days ago. Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
850 Posts
How that search indexing fix coming along? I don't see any improvement.
I know I've sent on an example of this once before. I will get some of the tech guys in to see what is slowing down the indexing issue. Thanks for checking back on this, Once I get a report from them I'll be able to update y'all further.

Gerrit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts