Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I just had my trans rebuild by ford and the solenoids have been readjusted to the trans guys "likeness." I didn't know what that meant until I started driving around. It seems like he increased a lot of pressure to the solenoids so that that trans shifts hard. It seems like this way there doesn't need to be a shiftkit to be installed.

This is fine but I got a problem thats kind of hard to explain. Sometimes when the car downshifts it shifts really hard and really laggy. So say if i speed up my car to 40 mpg, when i slow down it would give a really hard and slow jerk when it downshifts back to 2nd. The downshift its not like a shiftkits quick and smooth jerk, now its more like a slow and laggy jerk. This happens when it downshifts from 2nd to 1st. Also when it upshifts it does this too but not as bad. If i stomp on the acclerator it shifts fine, but say if i take it slowly it shifts hard and jerky.

So my question is there any way I can adjust the solenoids myself? I was thinking of buying a Transgo Shiftkit and was wondering if it help with this problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
hmmm..

if it was ford who did your tranny they should have made it right... take it back and have them do it the way their supposed to and put a shift kit in .. you will save yourself alot of headaches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts