Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question - how do I adjust the height of the e-brake? I was driving in my friend's 00 GT and noticed the travel is a LOT shorter than mine. I checked the equalizer and there are no nuts to adjust so now I'm clueless....

-Code

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Not sure if or when they changed it, but on my 86 Capri there is a nut under the ebrake handle. Lift up a little on the handle (so you can get a socket in there) and tighten the nut.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, there's a nut that mounts the whole e-brake assembly to the chassis but that's all I see... If you're in the pass. seat looking down and straight at it, it's to the right.

-Code

·
Registered
97 Posts
Code,
I just got done putting a new cable on my car, damn thing just snapped 2 weeks ago. Anyway to adjust the slack or to make the handle travel less this is what you need to do.

1. pull out center console pocket

2. from there you'll see the brake assembly on the right rear of the handle there is a plate attacked by one 7mm bolt

3.Undo the bold and pop the plate off watch the spring the plate keeps the ratchet mechanism from going backwards.

4. with the plate off you will be able to manualy rotate the pully where the brake cable is attached, move it a few clicks and it will take the slack out.

5. when you get the desired tightness put the plate back on and the pocket back in and your done.

this should take 20 to 30 mins tops.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There is no manual adjustment. If you want to adjust it, you need to purchase the FMS M2810-A center brake cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts