Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my IRS brace this weekend. Should I leave the vibration dampner on? Does it really work? I already have an AL driveshaft. I love to remove weight whenever possible.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I am going to be re-installing mine when I put mine on this weekend! I don't have any vibs now, so I think I will just put it on thier to be safe. When I swap out the gears, I will take it off.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I has been my understanding that it serves as a damper, but is designed for the OEM gearset (?) After a gear install it is useless. I removed my when I installed my 4.10's, no noticable change in driveline vibration. And it weighs a ton...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then I think I will take mine off. I already installed 4.10 gears...

I can always put it back on later if it causes vibration issues...

thanks....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you talking about the black heavy looking block right the center that hangs between the exhaust, directly below the pumpkin that has 2 hex bolts?

The brace you are installing, could you please let us know how it helps and a photo would be very helpful. I looked at the part online and thought it was for 99s.

I have never seen a photo of the change they made for 01s that is different then 99s. Wasn't there a rearend problem with 99s and it was fixed by adding something in the 01s?

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.